• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

I unplugged my boss' glade plugin and refilled it with my dehydrated piss (Legitimately looked like rust and had some stank to it)..... Cranked the heater on and plugged it back in.

He still doesn't know where the "cat piss dead rat funk" is coming from.
you buried the lead. Your boss has glade plug ins in his office? Any candles? What scents does he like? I’m guessing he’s a tree lighting wonder, and cozy cider sipping kind of guy this time of year.

netty2424

US Navy plane down off coast of Japan. 11 sailors on board. 8 rescued, 3 still missing.

Seems as though our Navy has had a lot of trouble this past year with their fleet.

Purp

Been watching The Long Road Home on Nat Geo the last couple weeks. Very well done so far. Makes me grateful that I was able to come home unscathed and start a family without that kind of trauma haunting me the rest of my life. Darn Moqtada al Sadr.

I knew a couple of guys when I was with that unit who were in Sadr City back in 04 (one eventually became my platoon sergeant), but none were mentioned in the book. That deployment messed up some good people.

If you aren't watching the show I'd recommend you do at some point. It's emotionally draining, but really helps put things in the proper perspective. It also illustrates better than anything else I've seen just how difficult deployments are on families left at home. They are routinely forgotten about when we talk about "our vets", but they sacrifice every bit as much as their Soldiers do and this show does a great job of capturing that. Check out the book too. It's a real page turner.

Frog-in-law1995

Wove... Twue wove...

Just don't get involved in any land wars in Asia and you'll have a fine holiday.

Have I told the story on here of my buddy Ethan’s wedding? His FIL is a now-retired Episcopal bishop and he did the service. The run-through was in jeans, but when he came out for the actual service, he had on a gold-trimmed robe and a big-ass pointy hat. We’re all kneeling at the altar at that point and I blurted out, just a hair too loudly, “mawidge.” We had to stop so the groomsmen could compose themselves.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Have I told the story on here of my buddy Ethan’s wedding? His FIL is a now-retired Episcopal bishop and he did the service. The run-through was in jeans, but when he came out for the actual service, he had on a gold-trimmed robe and a big-ass pointy hat. We’re all kneeling at the altar at that point and I blurted out, just a hair too loudly, “mawidge.” We had to stop so the groomsmen could compose themselves.

Curious - was the HS teacher a bridesmaid?
How many daggers did you catch from her?

Frog-in-law1995

Curious - was the HS teacher a bridesmaid?
How many daggers did you catch from her?

No, we didn’t officially meet until years later. Although her cousin (who would eventually set us up on a blind date) was next to me in the groomsmen line. She might’ve been there...don’t know. I did catch daggers from the one I was there with that night, but that was pretty much an all-the-time thing. B-word.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
No, we didn’t officially meet until years later. Although her cousin (who would eventually set us up on a blind date) was next to me in the groomsmen line. She might’ve been there...don’t know. I did catch daggers from the one I was there with that night, but that was pretty much an all-the-time thing. B-word.

A b-word bridesmaid?
You know the rules.

Frog-in-law1995

A b-word bridesmaid?
You know the rules.

Yes, bridesmaid. That what she was. A very bridesmaidy person.

Wait, I think I’m confused. The kfc profanity rules or the HASMSP picture rules? The person in question was not a bridesmaid. None of my friends liked her enough for that. I have no pictures.

To our younger HASMSPers, trust your instincts. And now on to happier thoughts.

Last edited:

Latest posts