• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

How juvenile. How come I never thought of it!

I'd like to discuss this over a beer with him/them. Not calling BS but outside of the Thunderbirds and Blues, military aircraft don't have smoke generators (chemtrails are a different discussion I may or may not be able to have) You could theoretically do this in the cons.but you would have to rapidly enter/exit the cons to turn "smoke" on and off. I spose it's doable, but the humor to effort required ratio is way too low.
I love HASMSP

Only place I could go to get aerial smoke-dong myth busters info

ftwfrog

Yeah, the black helicopters are freaking me out. Been seeing them a lot lately. Some flew overhead about 6 AM the other day.
Like Red Dawn!

By the way, if you’re from my generation and you didn’t sit in elementary or middle school class imagining what you’d do if the Russians started parachuting in, I’m not sure we could ever be friends.

Ron Swanson

A while ago they were flying black helicopters around town and they buzzed me...

Had to be about 30 feet above my car. Barely a sound. Then they went forward and I could barely track them because of the street lights and it was a New Moon.
Sounds like a line from a novel, not a normal 2017 person recounting something that happened to them yesterday

Last edited:

netty2424

Yeah, the black helicopters are freaking me out. Been seeing them a lot lately. Some flew overhead about 6 AM the other day.
giphy.gif

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Like Red Dawn!

By the way, if you’re from my generation and you didn’t sit in elementary or middle school class imagining what you’d do if the Russians started parachuting in, I’m not sure we could ever be friends.

QXzzN.gif

Such a great film.

As a kid I wanted to raid an outdoor store, stock up on guns and ammo, and hole up in the mountains fighting commies.

If you get a chance there’s a great documentary I highly reccomend on the writer/director John Milius.

Milius wrote screenplays for Dirty Harry, Apocalypse Now, & Conan the Barbarian amongst others.

After he released Red Dawn he was ostracized and blacklisted by Pinko Commie Hollywood.

It's not on Netflix, Hulu etc anymore, but you could rent it on iTunes or google I think.

Or, I found it online streaming:

John Milius Documentary

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Kind of related to secret squirrel stuff going on in the Air Force: A Brian Shul lecture on flying the SR-71 and a lot of facts about that mission. He was badly burned after being shot down in Cambodia, so it's part inspirational and mostly flying stuff, SR-71 talk starts about the 10 minute mark. Some pretty funny stuff as well.

Last edited:

netty2424

QXzzN.gif

Such a great film.

As a kid I wanted to raid an outdoor store, stock up on guns and ammo, and hole up in the mountains fighting commies.

If you get a chance there’s a great documentary I highly reccomend on the writer/director John Milius.

Milius wrote screenplays for Dirty Harry, Apocalypse Now, & Conan the Barbarian amongst others.

After he released Red Dawn he was ostracized and blacklisted by Pinko Commie Hollywood.

It's not on Netflix, Hulu etc anymore, but you could rent it on iTunes or google I think.

Or, I found it online streaming:

John Milius Documentary

Without watching the doc, why was he ostracized? Love that movie.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Without watching the doc, why was he ostracized? Love that movie.

IIRC the doc talks about how the movie was considered a right wing piece that pissed off the establishment in Hollywood during the middle of the Cold War. However, Milius describes himself as a Zen Anarchist, not a conservative but more libertarian leaning.

I think others in the doc say that he wasn't blacklisted at all, but that executives chose not to work with him because his films weren't what they wanted to pursue at the time. Milius came up during the 70s with George Lucas, Spielberg, and Coppola. In the 80s, with Conan and Red Dawn he started to go down a path that Hollywood didn't want to follow.

Fun Fact: John Goodman's character in the Coen Brothers' Big Lebowski is based on Milius

indhfp.jpg

Ron Swanson

Just mind boggling. Serves zero purpose other than to come back in a couple years to say 'I told you so!'
I have no problem with him saying it if he truly believes it. I just can’t imagine truly believing that.

It’s possible that Shawn Robinson ends up not being a very good QB, but nothing points to that. He has everything you would want a QB recruit to have, both physically and between the ears.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Dumb football question:

Didn't the OL used to have to wait for the punt to be kicked before running downfield? Seems like everyone just takes off now. Last TT punt had no rush - looked like punter could have just waited for his whole team to get to the 10 yard line and then just kick it to them. Did rule change or am I seeing it wrong?