• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Concrete (or metal I suppose, but I haven't seen one of those in eons) pipe/tube under a road connecting drainage channels to sewer system or natural run-off areas.
th

Frog-in-law1995

Headed out to drop the kids off at the sitters house and noticed an ambulance. There's a T intersection out on some back roads by my house and apparently this person was not familiar with the roads. Poor lady drove straight through the T. Cleared a 10 foot culvert through a ranchers barbed wire fence and finally came to a stop about 50 yards off the road. From the looks of he car, she definitely cleared the culvert and dug the nose in the ground about 15-20 feet. She was most likely running 50-55mph when the tires left he road. Bet that was one hell of a ride!!

Nothing to be proud of, Russ.

[proudly] Fif-ty yards.

tumblr_mp6e8mgbpy1qkwwklo5_250.gif

Frog-in-law1995

I know our HASMSP alcohol talk rarely (never?) gets around to gin, and I totally get why, but it happens to be my favorite libation. I bought a new brand the other day and finally got around to trying it. If any of you are ever looking for a very floral (ie heavy on the juniper) London dry gin, try No. 3. It’s really, really good.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I know our HASMSP alcohol talk rarely (never?) gets around to gin, and I totally get why, but it happens to be my favorite libation. I bought a new brand the other day and finally got around to trying it. If any of you are ever looking for a very floral (ie heavy on the juniper) London dry gin, try No. 3. It’s really, really good.
I'm surprised it's not called No. 2. Gin is terrible.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I tried gin for the first time at 17 and thought it tasted like spraying bug spray into my mouth. Then I tried it a second time in a gin and tonic at probably 35 and loved it. And I mean Loooooooooved it. Can’t explain why.
To be fair it's been a long time since I have had a gin and tonic. I may have grown up as well. 5 Bonds can't be wrong, right?

Frog-in-law1995

To be fair it's been a long time since I have had a gin and tonic. I may have grown up as well. 5 Bonds can't be wrong, right?

Yuuuge Bond fan, but he got two things very wrong. First, he drank vodka martinis more than gin. Second, never shake a drink that will be served up. Total rookie move. You get ice chips all in it. Stir a martini.

And if you try a G&T in the near future, get Tanqueray 10. Strong and citrusy.

edit: also, No. 3 gin is named after a spirits dealer located at 3 St. James Street, London, which is across the street from the Dukes Hotel, rumored to be where Ian Fleming came up with the character (also sometimes considered to serve the best martini in the world). Also, in the early 1840s, 3 St. James Street was the address of the Republic of Texas embassy to England.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yuuuge Bond fan, but he got two things very wrong. First, he drank vodka martinis more than gin. Second, never shake a drink that will be served up. Total rookie move. You get ice chips all in it. Stir a martini.

And if you try a G&T in the near future, get Tanqueray 10. Strong and citrusy.

edit: also, No. 3 gin is named after a spirits dealer located at 3 St. James Street, London, which is across the street from the Dukes Hotel, rumored to be where Ian Fleming came up with the character (also sometimes considered to serve the best martini in the world). Also, in the early 1840s, 3 St. James Street was the address of the Republic of Texas embassy to England.
I don't think Bond ever intended to drink a vodka martini. I'm pretty sure poor writers/directors/whatever didn't know any better. No proper Bond would do it on purpose.

Next night out, which is Friday for a friend's birthday party at some place that will too loud and too dooshey, I will have a G&T. If I don't like it I'm drinking some of that boot bourbon you carry around on Gameday.

ATC Frog

Pretty hard to find outside of New Mexico, but Wheeler’s Gin by Santa Fe Spirits is my all time favorite gin.

Edit: Link
https://santafespirits.com/spirits/gin-of-the-southwest

Frog-in-law1995

I don't think Bond ever intended to drink a vodka martini. I'm pretty sure poor writers/directors/whatever didn't know any better. No proper Bond would do it on purpose.

Next night out, which is Friday for a friend's birthday party at some place that will too loud and too dooshey, I will have a G&T. If I don't like it I'm drinking some of that boot bourbon you carry around on Gameday.

Oh, I’ll bring a bottle and some good tonic to the Texas game if y’all are gonna be around. I have a kitchen pass that day.