• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

I'm hoping once we get into the day she chills a bit. Right now it's mainly the sleep schedule problem that is getting her worked up.

PM me the tailgate info and I'll definitely try to make it over.
Just sent you a text. If it helps, we've brought our 4 year old to games as an infant all the way to now at all times of day during all seasons. The UT game in 2013 with the long rain delay was one where he was with us way past his bed time, but he slept on our shoulders unencumbered the entire night before we decided to leave. All we did was keep the ear muff headphones on him and he slept peacefully even when things got loud. The sleep schedule is built into the kid's body by now to be disrupted by a late football game.

We'll be bringing the 7 month old with us on Saturday also. He'll be with us starting around 2pm at the tailgate through the end of the game and he'll sleep well when it's time to sleep. It's not as easy as going without kids, but it's not that big an inconvenience especially for folks like you who don't get to ome to many games.

ATC Frog

The one darn time all year I didn't want a night game and we get KU at 7pm.

The wife is super stressed about the kiddo because of the flight, packed schedule, 2 hour round trip from house to game, and 7pm being his bedtime. Now she's talking about having to leave the game early and also giving me the guilt trip line of "I'll just stay in the car with him for the whole game."

Good times ahead!

#darntvschedulers
#darnwoman
#darndeepforgoodmeasure

I'm with you to a certain extent. I was hoping for a 2:30 kickoff. That way I could drive from/to OKC without having to leave too early or arrive back home too late (or without having to crash at my parents house in Plano) and would still be able to help out with our 3 month old.

But with a 7pm kick, no way I can swing that without earning serious brownie points, which doesn't seem worth it for KU. I'll save those for another opportunity.

FrogsMcGee

Randomly curious if Nebraska hiring the Wazzu AD could potentially lead to bringing Leach there. I think the Leach offense could potentially be very successful in the soft Big 10 West division. Leach may be too crazy for the powers that be at Nebraska though.

Moose Stuff

The one darn time all year I didn't want a night game and we get KU at 7pm.

The wife is super stressed about the kiddo because of the flight, packed schedule, 2 hour round trip from house to game, and 7pm being his bedtime. Now she's talking about having to leave the game early and also giving me the guilt trip line of "I'll just stay in the car with him for the whole game."

Good times ahead!

#darntvschedulers
#darnwoman
#darndeepforgoodmeasure

How old is the kiddo? Not usually one to pry into other people's parenting tactics but religiously sticking to rigid bedtime rules has always been odd to me. One of my favorite family moments involved a drive to the emergency clinic with a family member and their kids, one of whom had just launched himself off the bed violently introducing his teeth to the corner of the dresser. My 8 year old nephew was in the back seat looking out the window on the way home in absolute amazement when I asked him what was so interesting. His response...... "I've never been awake before when it's dark out". It explained many things. To each his own, I've always just found a certain amount of freedom in just kind of winging it on certain parental decisions. My 9 year old daughter cusses loudly at TCU football games, so consider that when choosing to accept or ignore my advice.

Horny 4 Life

How old is the kiddo? Not usually one to pry into other people's parenting tactics but religiously sticking to rigid bedtime rules has always been odd to me. One of my favorite family moments involved a drive to the emergency clinic with a family member and their kids, one of whom had just launched himself off the bed violently introducing his teeth to the corner of the dresser. My 8 year old nephew was in the back seat looking out the window on the way home in absolute amazement when I asked him what was so interesting. His response...... "I've never been awake before when it's dark out". It explained many things. To each his own, I've always just found a certain amount of freedom in just kind of winging it on certain parental decisions. My 9 year old daughter cusses loudly at TCU football games, so consider that when choosing to accept or ignore my advice.

He just turned 1 on Oct. 3rd.

We don't have rigid bedtime rules, mainly because I criticized those people enough before we had kids that my wife threw that idea out the window before our kid was even born. We generally let him go until he shows signs of being tired and then we begin bedtime prep. On a normal routine he's usually tired and fussy by 8pm and a royal pain in the rear by 9pm. That's EST, since we live in Ohio.

There's no way of really telling how he'll adapt to this weekend considering that we will be off his routine starting with the time change after our AM flight to Texas on Wednesday. Friday and Saturday are packed full of visits with family/friends and lots of car time (we're staying out near Cedar Creak Lake), so he may be a champ or he may be a mess. All of that translates to my wife stressing like crazy about the possibilities.

Ron Swanson

We don't have rigid bedtime rules, mainly because I criticized those people enough before we had kids that my wife threw that idea out the window before our kid was even born. We generally let him go until he shows signs of being tired and then we begin bedtime prep. On a normal routine he's usually tired and fussy by 8pm and a royal pain in the rear by 9pm. That's EST, since we live in Ohio.

There's no way of really telling how he'll adapt to this weekend considering that we will be off his routine starting with the time change after our AM flight to Texas on Wednesday. Friday and Saturday are packed full of visits with family/friends and lots of car time (we're staying out near Cedar Creak Lake), so he may be a champ or he may be a mess. All of that translates to my wife stressing like crazy about the possibilities.

Leave it to a woman to stress out about things that might not even happen

Dogfrog

Anybody else consider the psycho twilight zone posting yesterday on Kf.C was related to heavy alcohol consumption from 11AM through two game suspensions for a 7 hour game? All I know is I slept 12 hours last night for the first time in a few decades.

Anybody else consider the psycho twilight zone posting yesterday on Kf.C was related to heavy alcohol consumption from 11AM through two game suspensions for a 7 hour game? All I know is I slept 12 hours last night for the first time in a few decades.
I thought perhaps it was a full moon — or our hi flow day with our cycles all in synch. I was about ready to meet Kenny’s dad at frog fountain though. Looks like the mods deleted some posts in the KH thread.

Purp

I can understand where she's coming from, but if she decides not to go she may miss out on a great family memory.

In 2014 for the regional and super that featured Captain Phillips and 22 inning baseball we had our son with us at every game. At the 22 inning game we figured he'd go to sleep when he was tired and we'd power through until someone scored. Around 12:30am he was still climbing on bleachers and playing with empty water bottles, but we were showing more signs of fatigue so we left atlfter the 16th inning. The next day he was fine and took an extra long nap.

Moose Stuff

Little different when they're that young, you're pretty much at their mercy. What kind of wine does your wife drink? Buy some of that.

Horny 4 Life

I can understand where she's coming from, but if she decides not to go she may miss out on a great family memory.

In 2014 for the regional and super that featured Captain Phillips and 22 inning baseball we had our son with us at every game. At the 22 inning game we figured he'd go to sleep when he was tired and we'd power through until someone scored. Around 12:30am he was still climbing on bleachers and playing with empty water bottles, but we were showing more signs of fatigue so we left atlfter the 16th inning. The next day he was fine and took an extra long nap.

Yeah, we're going to take a baby carrier and see if he'll sleep while strapped into one of those. I'm not concerned about him, I'm just not looking forward to dealing with her worrying about him. haha.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Went to the store earlier to get things for dinner. Planned on steak. Looked around and saw a bison ribeye. Hmmm. I'll give it a try. Take my advice, bison sucks.

netty2424

Anyone heard from NAWLA? Don't think he works on oil rigs anymore, but saw the news that one exploded in Louisiana. Hoping he and his friends/family are ok.