Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by BillupsFrog, Jan 5, 2012.

1. I didn't know Season 3 was out. F! there goes my work week.

2. I'll go one step further, ol roomie.

Anything described as "country" produced post let's say 1988 is pure garbage. I would vastly prefer throwing up a terrible meal and eating it again, than to have to listen to a marathon of modern country. That's not hyperbole.

I can count on one hand the exceptions I have to this rule. Now, play classic country and we've got a party.

3. Modern Country is awful IMO....Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Fla/Ga Line, etc.

Texas Country on the other hand is totally different. Give Whiskey Myers, Turnpike and Randy Rogers a listen and I'll all but guarantee you'll eventually be a big fan of the entire Texas Music Scene.

mcdaddy and MTfrog5 like this.
  4. I think you have a good point, and I am willing to carve out an exception for Texas country artists who started out just writing songs on a beat up acoustic.

Punter1 likes this.
  5. But Luke Bryan says "truck" within the first minute of every song so he has to be good.

MinerFrog2409 and Punter1 like this.
  6. It happened in the Ty Summers thread, of all things. Short discussion about needing more threads on the first page and TxFrog1999 took it for action, and Boom.

7. I will watch Ken Burns' Country Music series.

8. Had no idea he was doing one???

9. Would make an excellent playlist for a tailgate . . .

10. I cannot wait for it, but will probably change the channel once they reach the late 90s. I wasn't smart enough to trust my instincts when "Indian Outlaw" hit it big, so I hung on for another few years, bouyed mostly by George Strait, Alan Jackson, The Dixie Chicks and that Wade Hayes album I got way into for some reason. But by the time "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" charted and dominated North Side (even heard it at Pearl's, for crying out loud), I knew I was done for a while.

I will say, though, that Zac Brown is pulling me back in a little, but I can't deal with the red dirt stuff.

Purp likes this.
  11. I had forgotten about that guy.

Holy crap.

ShadowFrog likes this.
  12. #160393 PO Frog, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
    Holy [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] the startlegram is going all in on the vox/buzzfeed click bait headline style. Every headline over there following the "here's what" pattern. What a joke.

RollToad likes this.
  13. You're welcome.

RollToad likes this.
  14. #160395 geezer, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  15. I'm still trying to figure 2 tone hair girl behind him.

16. Yep, I knew he was dead. I used to party a little with him back in the day. And I knew his "old lady." The one in the song about "I hear you've been..."

Punter1 and Ron Swanson like this.
  17. this HTML class. Value is

18. Well thought out post. Thank you for sharing.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  19. How can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Boomhauer likes this.