• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

People say in other threads that ifrog is Hill's father. Is that just a running joke or is that a true statement. I have only paid moderate attention to it, but since I heard the reference, he has not denied it and actually seems to imply it is true. If so, I envision it getting really ugly on game days.

netty2424

People say in other threads that ifrog is Hill's father. Is that just a running joke or is that a true statement. I have only paid moderate attention to it, but since I heard the reference, he has not denied it and actually seems to imply it is true. If so, I envision it getting really ugly on game days.
I'd be willing to bet it's not his father. He's been posting here for a long time. Well befor KH was part of TCU. Not sure there isn't some relation though. Friend, family. Something.

nwlafrog

Got a new manager at work and convinced him that the stock tires on my truck were too small and I needed new ones for my super duty..... little did he know I was buying 35" mud tires. Sure, they rub like hell, but I've been chewed out before. No big deal. Now I have to wash the evidence of mud bogging off.

When the city slicker boss says "I better not catch y'all mudding in the new 2017 work trucks" and I reply with "mine doesn't mud like a '17", that's on him for not putting two and two together. Jussayin.

It is. He also goes by iranger, iexpo, icardinal, iindian, iwhitesock, iangel and idevilray on various other boards.

Punter1

Need some advice on The Wire. Thinking about starting it up now that I'm thru with Narcos...which was insanely good.

Is the Wire that good?? What's it compare to...quality wise?? Never seen any episodes. Howard Stern loves it and I'm usually on board with his taste in shows.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Need some advice on The Wire. Thinking about starting it up now that I'm thru with Narcos...which was insanely good.

Is the Wire that good?? What's it compare to...quality wise?? Never seen any episodes. Howard Stern loves it and I'm usually on board with his taste in shows.
I know nothing about the wire but have been listening to more red dirt lately. Recently found Shane Smith and the Saints. Always been a Reckless, Turnpike and Mickey and the Motor Cars fan. Who else should I check out? Preferably bands I can catch in smaller venues.

Danke Schoene in el advance, amigo.

Punter1

I know nothing about the wire but have been listening to more red dirt lately. Recently found Shane Smith and the Saints. Always been a Reckless, Turnpike and Mickey and the Motor Cars fan. Who else should I check out? Preferably bands I can catch in smaller venues.

Danke Schoene in el advance, amigo.

Randy Rogers
Whiskey Myers
Dirty River Boys
Casey Donahaw
Wade Bowen
Jason Boland
Roger Creager
Cory Morrow
Flatland Calvary
William Clark Green
Kevin Fowler
Stoney LaRue
Max Stallings
Cody Canada
Jamestown Revival
Ryan Bingham
JB and The Moonshine Band
Gary P Nunn
Robert Earl Keen
Jerry Jeff Walker
Steve Earle
Sam Riggs
ShineyRibs

And I left off Cody Johnson on purpose...not a fan.

Last edited:

netty2424

100% start The Wire if you have the time. It's a great series. It's not a police/drug dealer action flick meaning it's not one of those 30 minute shoot outs with endless bullets and nobody gets shot every episode. It's more of a cerebral watch about a group of cops trying to bust drug dealers in Baltimore that have destroyed the city and sent it into high poverty and high crime under pressures from politicians to clean it up.

Not sure what to compare it to really. Just a good solid series that builds characters and builds the storyline up until the end.