• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Tom Brown

I saw a Dodge truck on 121 that had a giant quote from Hitler on the back window.

Considered taking a picture, but really didnt need any violence today.

nwlafrog

Late post, just got off of a job..... Don't want to derail Maniac's thread.

Wife bought ribs and wants me to "grill" them. I have a barrel grill with a wood box on the side (not a legit smoker, I know) I have pecan wood for days, but very limited time for smoking the ribs due to my schedule and my junky set-up. I can grill the heck out of some food, but when it comes to smoked BBQ, I need to take notes from y'all with more experience..... Especially Ron and Horned Eagle (or whatever you go by now)

I understand the fundamentals, but I want to know a time frame, grill temp, meat temp and any pointers that anyone can lend. Pretend I'm a dumbass because I want to do this right.

Frog-in-law1995

Late post, just got off of a job..... Don't want to derail Maniac's thread.

Wife bought ribs and wants me to "grill" them. I have a barrel grill with a wood box on the side (not a legit smoker, I know) I have pecan wood for days, but very limited time for smoking the ribs due to my schedule and my junky set-up. I can grill the heck out of some food, but when it comes to smoked BBQ, I need to take notes from y'all with more experience..... Especially Ron and Horned Eagle (or whatever you go by now)

I understand the fundamentals, but I want to know a time frame, grill temp, meat temp and any pointers that anyone can lend. Pretend I'm a dumbass because I want to do this right.

Trim away any excess fat along the outside of the rack. I also like to trim off the rib tips (fantastic meat, but makes them harder to cut right later). Rub them with some combination of salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, paprika, chile powder, other savory spices, etc. Smoke 3 hours at 225-235. Pull them off, spritz with water, squeeze/sprinkle on a little parkay, honey, brown sugar and Thai chile sauce and wrap them tightly in foil. back on the smoker (or in the oven) for 2 hours at 225-235. Unwrap and see how they look. If the meat is pulling away from the bone with very little effort, they're done. But probably you're going to spritz them with water again and put them back on, uncovered, for 30 mins to an hour. If you want a sauce, you can mop it on here and it will set while cooking. I usually just add a little more rub. Once they're done, let them sit for 20 minutes or so before eating.

Last edited:

GeoFrog

Too many changes. But change happens. Oh well.

WhoMovedMyCheeseCover.jpg