• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
though based on my current and previous work, I have approximately a 0.001% chance of not being struck by the defense attorney no matter what the charge,

I'm retired and would love to sit on a jury. However, having worked to get our current DA and one of the district judges elected might stand in my way. Ya think?

Forgot to mention that I got called for jury duty yesterday. Turned out to be a murder trial, though based on my current and previous work, I have approximately a 0.001% chance of not being struck by the defense attorney no matter what the charge, so I knew I was just going to sit there a few hours then go home. But right at the end, some lady a couple rows behind me asked the judge if he was wearing a toupee. Sweatergod. Funniest damn thing I've ever heard. And she didn't get picked, so keep that in mind if you want to get off jury duty.
Was he?

Frog-in-law1995

Yeah... Judge G does have good hair, particularly for his age.

That's a road rage killing. Should be an interesting trial.

Yeah, kinda sad I won't get to hear it, but I would definitely have struck me too. I told the woman next to me that she would be on the jury when we first sat down, though, and she stared at me like I was Nostradamus when her name was called later.

SnoSki

Forgot to mention that I got called for jury duty yesterday. Turned out to be a murder trial, though based on my current and previous work, I have approximately a 0.001% chance of not being struck by the defense attorney no matter what the charge, so I knew I was just going to sit there a few hours then go home. But right at the end, some lady a couple rows behind me asked the judge if he was wearing a toupee. Sweatergod. Funniest damn thing I've ever heard. And she didn't get picked, so keep that in mind if you want to get off jury duty.

That seems risky -- I wonder if a jury candidate could ever get held in contempt!

Frog-in-law1995

FIL, I kid you not, I went down a Mungo Jerry rabbit hole last week. My 2 year-old loves In the Summertime. He does all the hisses and umphs.

I'm not even sure they released another song in the US (actually, Matthew McConnongh#u€\<ghy's famous "Alright alright alright" line is taken from another of their songs, so that's at least two. Also, 99% sure I spelled his name correctly there). A friend of mine asked for a list of good vacation road trip songs on FB this morning, and that was among my responses, so it's been in my head all day, along with Walking on Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves. Can't not smile when I hear either of those.

edit: looked it up and apparently McConnawhatever's line comes from Jim Morrison eloquence on a live Doors album. (most overrated songwriter of all time? I vote yes).

Last edited:

Hughes Your Daddy

The story was even picked up by the Star Telegram. Funny stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star...al/community/fort-worth/article158411209.html

netty2424

She seemed pretty lucid almost immediately after waking up...with a needle in her lap. Adrenaline, perhaps? Low-dosed herself but not him?
Wondered the same thing. Only thing I could come up with was she kept saying "he never does this." Assuming she's used to it because she does it more often or on a regular basis perhaps, and he's all goofed up because he doesn't typically do heroin? Assuming that's how heroin goes.

Frog-in-law1995

EPL just released next season's schedule and turns out the Spurs are playing home games at Wembley while White Hart Lane is being rebuilt. Kinda upset about this. I really wanted to experience the atmosphere of a true home game. May try to catch a Chelsea match too, now.

TCUdirtbag

Hearing TCU is "rebranding" (my speculation: likely just a touch up to the arch TCU logo and a new tag line). Announcement mid-August, new website late 17 / early 18. Note this is a university rebranding and not athletics, though there could be some changes that trickle down.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Hearing TCU is "rebranding" (my speculation: likely just a touch up to the arch TCU logo and a new tag line). Announcement mid-August, new website late 17 / early 18. Note this is a university rebranding and not athletics, though there could be some changes that trickle down.
8851c4d808220c1a6c93c511c237904a.jpg