• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Saw on FB this morning that a childhood friend of mines parents are stuck at Heathrow airport due to said system crash. They are going to miss their connecting flight which was to take them to their final destination which was a week long cruise. Due to the flight cancellation, they missed their cruise. The dad was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness and this was one of the trips they planned as a result. Sad and unfortunate these major companies don't have back ups for back ups. Pathetic really.

Not that anyone knows the couple I'm talking about here, but an update to show how serious that situation is from the British Airways system failure. They are still 'stranded' in London. After two days of laying on floors with no luggage or personal items outside of their carry on, they are finally in a hotel room now, but they still can't get on a flight back home yet. Too many people stranded with not enough planes to get them back. And to add insult to injury, the electricity in the hotel they're in went out today. Each day they have hopes in getting lucky and getting on a flight out back to the states. They have waited in lines for 5 hours just to be told they can't get them on a flight. Been there since Friday.

Not reported enough in the news of how serious this situation is.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Not that anyone knows the couple I'm talking about here, but an update to show how serious that situation is from the British Airways system failure. They are still 'stranded' in London. After two days of laying on floors with no luggage or personal items outside of their carry on, they are finally in a hotel room now, but they still can't get on a flight back home yet. Too many people stranded with not enough planes to get them back. And to add insult to injury, the electricity in the hotel they're in went out today. Each day they have hopes in getting lucky and getting on a flight out back to the states. They have waited in lines for 5 hours just to be told they can't get them on a flight. Been there since Friday.

Major screwed up

bleedpurple

SnoSki

Boerne?
On I35??
Dude!
Next time 281 to Hico to Cleburne then Chisholm & report back on the comparison.

I've done that several times. Honestly I prefer 35 when driving at night. Way too many deer out on 281 late at night. Truth be told driving 281 at night causes mrs SnoSki to be a (passenger seat) driver and be overly critical of my driving. If I take 35 she sleeps. Not to mention that the interstate at least has a lot of places to get gas or other services.

Anytime but after dark I'm all good with 281.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
SnoSki nailed it. 281 is the way to go unless it is dark. That road is always littered with deer carcasses.
Drove that road a lot on the weekends coming up for football games when I was stationed in San Antonio after 2000. Later after I retired I was living in trophy club. One weekend my wife and daughter drove down to SeaWorld all by themselves. So there I am Saturday night enjoying a quiet house and a beer by myself. Phone rings around 9 o'clock and sure enuf it's the wife at the hotel after a long day at sea world, hot, dehydrated not feeling well and of course she did not pack her special medicine in the cabinet. I quickly get a picture, put down my half finished beer and realized I'm about to set a land speed record to San Antonio via my old '94 BMW 530i. At 10o'clock at night not much traffic on 281 and I make pretty good time all the way down (no deer) to deliver said needed medication - certainly not the weekend I had planned.

Sand Frog

I've done that several times. Honestly I prefer 35 when driving at night. Way too many deer out on 281 late at night. Truth be told driving 281 at night causes mrs SnoSki to be a (passenger seat) driver and be overly critical of my driving. If I take 35 she sleeps. Not to mention that the interstate at least has a lot of places to get gas or other services.

Anytime but after dark I'm all good with 281.

3/4 or 1 ton diesel with full replacement front bumper and HAMMER DOWN! Deer don't stand a chance. Be sure to add skid plate under replacement bumper to protect oil cooler, power steering pump, etc from said deer you speed bump. ;)

SnoSki

3/4 or 1 ton diesel with full replacement front bumper and HAMMER DOWN! Deer don't stand a chance. Be sure to add skid plate under replacement bumper to protect oil cooler, power steering pump, etc from said deer you speed bump. ;)

If you wanna loan me 50k for a new truck and a tank of diesel let me know and I'll forward my Venmo info! LOL

Purp

I'm just absolutely amazed at a few things.

1- Sam Dyson is still receiving a paycheck.
2- The Rangers use him in situations that are halfway meaningful
And most importantly
3-My dumbass tunes in to watch.
That one man is single-handedly responsible for at least 9 losses this year. The AL West would be a close race if not for him.

It's all amazing to me how fast it went south for him bc he was nails in the WBC. It's a Rick Ankiel head problem, but unfortunately for Sam he can't also hit and play outfield.