• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

nwlafrog

Thank you everyone. It still doesn't seem real. Please pray for his children and his grandchildren who he left behind. There are a lot of moving parts and it is heart wrenching.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Wife woke me on the couch with "THERE'S A SNAKE IN THE HOUSE". Looked down and a little brown snake about 9" long saw us and hauled ass trying to get under the couch. Wife grabbed the broom and started sweeping him toward the door. She got him past the door onto the front porch and kept sweeping him out into the yard with me right behind her saying "sweep him a little further". Quite a sight for passing motorists, the wife in t-shirt and panties doing her Tiger Woods impersonation out in the front yard. Now I gotta figure out how the little [ "illegitimate Baylor boy" ] got in.

Pics or it didn't happen. You know the rules.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Snakes are getting smarter, so beware.
snake-school.jpg

I've heard due to the hogs, rattlesnakes have adapted to not rattling. Sucks for humans.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
The school I work for has a back pond that has a ton of copperheads and water moccasins. We had a snake guy come out to look at how much it would be to remove them and he said it's a perfect breeding ground and it's going to cost a lot. Supposedly he spotted around 20-30 snakes and that was a low estimate he said.

Of course it's a low estimate. He wants that $$$.

MTfrog5

Some of y'all in the mid cities area might remember Willie Hubbard from the 2009 Trinity state championship team. He died at 25 from cancer. Just a couple months ago he had shortness of breath playing around with his brothers and found out he had stage 4 cancer around his heart that had been there for 7 years. We went to the same middle school before he transferred to Trinity. RIP Willie

cdsfrog

If anyone who travels even a couple times a year doesn't have a premium credit card I highly recommend it. Besides the fact that with the signup bonus and travel discounts twice in the first year earn you money, it's a life saver traveling with kids.
A quiet confined space with lots of free food and alcohol for you (drinking Guinness right now in Belfast).

Priority pass is amazing and free with most premium cards.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Every holiday, somebody brings food to the office. Thanksgiving = pumpkin bread. For Christmas, it's usually cookies. For Mardi Gras we got king cake. Etc. Etc.

I think at lunch today I'm going by to go pick up a bag of Funyons and some Jack-in-the-box tacos.

I lived in the McCart Apts and the Jack in the Crack on Berry was our late night go-to. We'd pig out on those awful, wonderful tacos. Grease dripping, smashed-together, deep fried tacos. When I finally had a real taco at a restaurant, I was amazed.
Instead of Funyons, we preferred Fritos.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Every holiday, somebody brings food to the office. Thanksgiving = pumpkin bread. For Christmas, it's usually cookies. For Mardi Gras we got king cake. Etc. Etc.

I think at lunch today I'm going by to go pick up a bag of Funyons and some Jack-in-the-box tacos.
They have a menu dedicated to the munchies now. Like curly fries on a burger, and other weird stuff.

Latest posts