• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Frog-in-law1995

Compliments of Tron (SIAP):

Ok-then-look-away.gif
Ok-then-look-away.gif

Last edited:

Dogfrog

I was pretty bummed when I found out the Fresh Market at Riverbend closed last year. Somehow didn't discover until a couple weeks ago Tom Thumb went in that space back in December.

SnoSki

This past weekend while shooting some hoops with my daughter, she noticed a house lizard/gecko on the goal. Obviously I had to catch it for her and chase her with it. Similar to the snake that I grabbed last summer. Anyway, I had no idea that those little dudes could actually bite. I trapped it and grasped it in my hand and felt a sharp, albeit weak pain on my finger. Shortly after that, I fired up the grill after people started arriving for the BBQ. As I was getting the coals started I felt a SERIOUS PAIN on my calf. I got torn up by a cow killer. Those little darners are pure evil.

Cow killer.. is that one of those fuzzy red and black ones? If so, YES. Most painful sting I've ever experienced.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
My pain tolerance is out of this world for some reason. It hurt really freaking bad, but nothing like that dude. He probably exaggerated a lot of it. Still, I'd say it hurt about 5X's worse than a bee sting. I did try to smash it, but those things have bodies made out of freaking steel. I stomped all over that devil and he just crawled off like I didn't actually make an attempt to murder him. Keystone Lite helped to ease the pain.

one of these?
8041370542_4e74b9d5bf_z.jpg

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Since I am semi-housebound with a bum leg, I decided to try a new red beans and rice crock pot recipe. Yummy, but yowzer with the jalapenos! Calls for 2 cans of Rotel and spicy smoked sausage. I think it's great, but I'll have to modify it for normal people.

Gonna pay for it later...

I use Paul Prudhomme's recipe when I make red beans and rice. Takes two days to make (i.e., soaking beans overnight); no crock pot usage.