• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone heard this story re: CVB?

PurpleBlood87

FWPD bike police who were in the baseball parking lot said Friday was the worst night they had seen in the last two years for student drinking and problems associated with it.

michaelperrytcu

I don't smoke marijuana, and won't care to even if it ever is legalized.

That being said, I've seen thousands of alcohol related ER visits and exactly zero marijuana induced visits.

Deep Purple

Not true. No memo, no e-mail.
Absolutely correct. No memo or email regarding alcohol has been sent to TCU employees, and the only TCU employee policy regarding alcohol is none during working hours and no drinking with students.

The amount of lying misinformation and wildly unfounded speculation on this board leaves me sick. Even worse than those who post such ridiculous rumors are the even greater number who respond to them as if true, with absolutely no confirmation or verification. Many here literally leap at the opportunity to critique and pass judgment in response to every third-hand rumor as if the mere fact that it is posted makes it true.

No wonder so many SMU and Baylor fans think this board is half-full of idiots. I'm starting to wonder if they don't have a point. Lately, the sheer volume delusional specualtion and conspiracy theory around here is making Ponyfans and Baylorfans look sane by comparison.

frogs9497

The rule is that students, even grad students over the age of 21, cannot attend a party or function with professors when alcohol is being served. If a professor holds a party where alcohol is served, students cannot be invited. I believe the rule also applies to having functions at public places such as restaurants. However, I cannot imagine it would apply to a student being in the same restaurant as a prof or professional level staff if they are not at the same table or the same function. For example, if staff from our office went out to a restaurant to celebrate something and there was going to be alcohol served, we could not invite students to the function. However, if a student happened to be at the restaurant and sitting at a different table and was not part of the function, it would not be a problem.

Interesting... in the 90s, I had a professor who taught a foreign language in Brite. He hosted a "party" at his house for the small class and wine was served. One of my favorite professors.

Deep Purple

Interesting... in the 90s, I had a professor who taught a foreign language in Brite. He hosted a "party" at his house for the small class and wine was served. One of my favorite professors.
TCU policy doesn't affect Brite. Separate institution with its own policies.

In any case, TCU didn't implement the "no drinking with students" policy until the 2000's. Presented quite a dilemma when Mrs. Deep and I took 21-year-old Deep Jr. out to dinner when he was a TCU student. We ultimately decided to order our beers anyway.