• The KillerFrogs

Hanging on to #4

Wexahu

Do any unranked teams have wins as impressive as ISU? I’m not arguing, I honestly don’t know, I haven’t analyzed the polls.

Giving OU their only loss and beating Tech in the manner they did is pretty impressive. And both losses were close games.

I would doubt it. Just pointing out something that might justify why they aren’t ranked at this point. We all joke about how bad Iowa sucks and Texas being below .500. Well, they lost to both of them at home. So there’s that.

netty2424

ISU has been beaten by two unranked teams at home. I get what you are saying but I’m pretty sure there are no ranked teams that fit that category.
FWIW, Brian Estridge last night after interviewing Patterson in post game also made the comment that he expects to see ISU ranked in Top 25.

Dr. Coach Haus

Lol. That makes the reply by the announcer even better. Let's glorify a fictional division. I didn't even catch it. Thanks for pointing it out. Wisconsin and the big 10 is a joke and so is the cfp!
Totally agree. Wisconsin has played no one and doesn't play any tough teams in the home stretch.

Wexahu

Totally agree. Wisconsin has played no one and doesn't play any tough teams in the home stretch.

Wisconsin’s schedule is a total embarrassment, there’s no other way to put it. I’ve never seen a P5 schedule anything like it, you could easily make the argument they don’t play ANY good teams, and the better ones they play are at home.

netty2424

Well, we’ll see I guess.

It begs the question, why would a team with no conference affiliation get favored by a committee made up of biased Big 10/SEC affiliated members? Would Notre Dame split their CFP payout with the Big 10 and SEC?
Already forgot that other data point: blue blood

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
It’s a setup to get 2 B1G teams in along with Georgia and Alabama.

If Ohio State beats Penn State, they’ll both be ranked super high. Whichever team goes to the championship game will mop the floor with a wildly overrated Wisconsin. Giving them that data point. But we’ve already seen that Ohio State doesn’t need that data point, so they’re in as well.

Wexahu

Already forgot that other data point: blue blood

I get confused keeping track of all of motivations for the bias. I thought it was so conferences represented by committee members could bring in more $$ for theirs? I would think anyone in the tank for Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama and Oklahoma...or really any conference would have zero motivation whatsoever to artificially elevate Notre Dame. Seems self defeating to me but what do I know. Notre Dame is an NBC team. NBC has almost NOTHING to do with college football other than they televise ND games.

Wexahu

It’s a setup to get 2 B1G teams in along with Georgia and Alabama.

If Ohio State beats Penn State, they’ll both be ranked super high. Whichever team goes to the championship game will mop the floor with a wildly overrated Wisconsin. Giving them that data point. But we’ve already seen that Ohio State doesn’t need that data point, so they’re in as well.

They don’t need it, except when they do. See 2015.

TheFDN

I get confused keeping track of all of motivations for the bias. I thought it was so conferences represented by committee members could bring in more $$ for theirs? I would think anyone in the tank for Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama and Oklahoma...or really any conference would have zero motivation whatsoever to artificially elevate Notre Dame. Seems self defeating to me but what do I know. Notre Dame is an NBC team. NBC has almost NOTHING to do with college football other than they televise ND games.
You are exhausting.

netty2424

You've posted too much bull to keep it all straight. That's why.

Conference bias and blue blood bias. Pin those so you don't forget.

flyfishingfrog

Well, we’ll see I guess.

It begs the question, why would a team with no conference affiliation get favored by a committee made up of biased Big 10/SEC affiliated members? Would Notre Dame split their CFP payout with the Big 10 and SEC?
I never said they have SEC Big 10 bias - but they definitely have blue blood program bias so all things being equal they will pick a ND, Michigan, OU, OSU, USC, Bama, etc over a TCU, WVU, Okie Lite, Stanford or even A&M despite what our friends from down under would like to think.

Sorry - I realize you try hard to explain it away but even without purple glasses it is easy to recognize a bias toward the "traditional" champions and larger state schools.

For example - did you watch ESPN at all yesterday or today on their college football programs? Did you notice the 17 seconds of coverage time the #4 team in the country received?

Or do you notice that when they talk about programs that control their own fate, they talk about a bunch of 1 loss blue bloods? so basically regardless of what we do or who we lose two - even if its OU by a single point during the season and we win the B12 by 30 over them in the Championship - we are done.

Yet, ND "controls" their own fate even with 1 loss. Clemson controls their own fate, even with 1 loss. OSU controls their own with 1 loss. They are even having serious discussions about the loser of the SEC title game should probably be in if they are both undefeated before the game - seriously, here is a hint - that is the point of the championship game, only one survives - unless you are the SEC of course.

Interesting narrative that has been around for years...

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
v0065_s-200x150.gif

Wexahu

I never said they have SEC Big 10 bias - but they definitely have blue blood program bias so all things being equal they will pick a ND, Michigan, OU, OSU, USC, Bama, etc over a TCU, WVU, Okie Lite, Stanford or even A&M despite what our friends from down under would like to think.

Sorry - I realize you try hard to explain it away but even without purple glasses it is easy to recognize a bias toward the "traditional" champions and larger state schools.

For example - did you watch ESPN at all yesterday or today on their college football programs? Did you notice the 17 seconds of coverage time the #4 team in the country received?

Or do you notice that when they talk about programs that control their own fate, they talk about a bunch of 1 loss blue bloods? so basically regardless of what we do or who we lose two - even if its OU by a single point during the season and we win the B12 by 30 over them in the Championship - we are done.

Yet, ND "controls" their own fate even with 1 loss. Clemson controls their own fate, even with 1 loss. OSU controls their own with 1 loss. They are even having serious discussions about the loser of the SEC title game should probably be in if they are both undefeated before the game - seriously, here is a hint - that is the point of the championship game, only one survives - unless you are the SEC of course.

Sometimes teams control their own fate based on who they play in OOC, it’s not just because they are “blue bloods”. Blue bloods tend to schedule more aggressively than others, that’s just a fact (although there are exceptions). We’ll control our own fate next year with one loss if OSU ends up being one of the top couple teams in the Big 10.

For what it’s worth, Notre Dame never plays FCS teams and generally schedules very well. Ohio State played a conference champ last year in OOC and this year too possibly. Clemson played Auburn, who just beat Arkansas by 30 points. We played Arkansas, who is crapping the bed. That stuff matters.

I still think there’s a really good chance the Frogs make it with one loss as long as we don’t get blown out and we’ll have to win the CCG game of course Despite what many of the talking heads are saying now.

Clemson being defending champs gets a Boost and they should. PAC 12 is out so you would think the other four power conferences get a team in. Wait now Notre Shame gets in and undefeated TCU gets left out. Sec, big 10 especially if penn state runs table. Clemson ACC and Notre Dame due to only loss to Georgia barely. TCU outside looking in. Could see a second sec team or big 10 team get in over TCU.

I did hear that TCU is Most complete team in Big 12 all three phases. That really means big 12 sucks plays no defense etc. we have to run table period! Even then we will get screwed or guaranteed to play Bama first!

Zubaz

I

Clemson controls their own destiny, Ohio State controls their own destiny, Notre Dame controls their own destiny, OU controls their destiny, both Alabama and Georgia will get in.

Math seems a bit off.

kodiak

Eyes up, keep climbing.

Left the Fort at six this morning heading home from the football commute. Sat radio, channel 84, was disgusting with the lack of acknowledgement and respect for our body of work to date. Well, at least College Football Final would right that wrong; but, noooo, Baylor got more airtime! We are lucky Patterson motivates from this position, but it is a beating for the fan.

Keep on climbing and GO FROGS!

Dogfrog

blue bloods in playoff = (assumed) high TV ratings = max espn revenue = max conference payouts = happy college presidents