• The KillerFrogs

Good fall practice update/article.....

berryfrog95

Great Info. Wonder if CGP toys with a 3-3-5 scheme as he likely uses an LB at a pass rush/DE responsibility...... hes done a quasi 4-1-6 in the past.

Pharm Frog

Great Info. Wonder if CGP toys with a 3-3-5 scheme as he likely uses an LB at a pass rush/DE responsibility...... hes done a quasi 4-1-6 in the past.

Probably. The 4-2-5 and Stack 3 are closely related. At times I've wondered if we might be in a Stack 3 but it becomes tough to separate familiar personnel from scheme and technique.

CountryFrog

The article clearly stated they're catching the ball better.
Sure, but it's not as if they had it as a bold type paragraph heading.

I would think that just the return of healthy Turpin and Nixon, along with the addition of Reagor would improve the consistency in that regard, even if all else remained the same. Slanina and Diarse are very dependable. If Taj and Porter can improve a little then it should be a very explosive group.

Pharm Frog

The article clearly stated they're catching the ball better.

True. But I don't find that much comfort in this endorsement. Catching the ball better than last year. Could be a case of marginally healthier than hospice.

"Other than a bad performance in the first scrimmage, Patterson says the receivers have caught the ball better this camp than they did last year."

Peacefrog

Degenerate
True. But I don't find that much comfort in this endorsement. Catching the ball better than last year. Could be a case of marginally healthier than hospice.

"Other than a bad performance in the first scrimmage, Patterson says the receivers have caught the ball better this camp than they did last year."
Porter and Williams are still dropping passes. Every other WR is doing just fine.

Wexahu

Porter and Williams are still dropping passes. Every other WR is doing just fine.

I think Porter will always fight the ball a bit. He's always had trouble catching it cleanly, just doesn't seem to have the natural hand eye coordination that most good receivers have. Williams might have the same issue but I haven't noticed it nearly as much with him.

Moose Stuff

To each his own. I try to be a positive kind of guy so I'll celebrate any level of improvement as good news.

yurintroubl

My completely uniformed opinion on what the root cause of last year's dropsies:

I can't remember ever seeing a team that subbed WRs in an out of a huddle as often as we did last year... and we weren't a team that tended to huddle. Prior to 2016 - You could pretty much count on Doctson and Listenbee being on the field the majority of snaps. Last year we had a BUNCH of GUYS getting A BUNCH more snaps lining up in MULTIPLE WR configurations.

Doing things like this takes a LOT of practice...and I doubt the majority of our wideouts ever felt like they had a comfort level they were at least 95% locked in. Trickle down effect = Reduced confidence and comfort level. Complexity (necessary??) forcing emphasis on everything leading up to having to make a catch....makes it harder to just go out and catch.