• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Volleyball topped by Iowa State in home finale

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/w-volley/recaps/111817aaa.html

Horned Frogs Topped in Home Finale

Final Stats

FORT WORTH, Texas - The TCU volleyball team wrapped-up home matches for the regular season on Saturday night as they dropped a 3-0 (25-19, 25-16, 25-14) decision to No. 23 Iowa State at The Rickel inside the University Recreation Center.

The Horned Frogs (11-16, 3-12 Big 12) battled every set with the ranked Cyclones (20-6, 10-5 Big 12), but strong serving and runs in each set proved to be too much as Iowa State was able to take the match in straight sets.

Lexi MacLean led the team with her second double-double of the season with 12 kills and 10 digs in the match. Abigail Buckingham was able to chip in six kills, while Sarah Langswas good for five kills. Lamprini Konstantinidou, Kaylee Smith and Tori Dilfer guided the offense with 14, seven and four assists, respectively. Dani Dennison paced the defense with a match-best 15 digs and Sarah Swanson led the team at the net with 2.0 blocks.

Stat of the Match
8 - The number of home matches TCU was able to sell-out this year after 1,873 fans were in attendance at tonight's match against Iowa State.

Quotes of the Match
TCU Director of Volleyball Jill Kramer
Opening Statement
"No. 1, once again I would like to thanks to our fans. Again we had over 1,800 people packed in our gym and here to support us against Iowa State and support our seniors tonight. We have three seniors, Lamprini (Konstantinidou), Kaylee (Smith) and Kayla (Scheevel) - and they all contributed this evening and have all had great careers here and been a huge part of our program. I want to say thank you to them.

"We were in a different lineup again tonight and I think our team did a good job of working through that and being in some different situations and making the best out of it. Lexi (MacLean) had a great night tonight on the outside for us and it was probably her best performance to date and that says a lot about her and kind of the situation we were in and I thought it was good stuff from her."

Notes
-TCU falls to 11-16 on the season and 3-12 in Big 12 matches with the loss on Saturday to Iowa State
-With the win by the Cyclones, Iowa State gets win No. 10 in the series and leads TCU overall at 10-2
-TCU had a sell-out crowd for the eighth time this season with 1,873 fans in attendance at The Rickel
-Lexi MacLean led the team offensively for the first time this season as she put down 12 kills
-With 10 digs in the match, MacLean recorded her second double-double of the season and the third in her career
-Lamprini Konstantinidou led the team in assists for the 18 th time this season with 14 in the match
-Konstantinidou also led the team from behind the service line for the sixth time this season with three aces in the match
-Dani Dennison recorded double-digit digs for the 23rd time this season and led the team in the back row for the 26th time with 15 digs

Up Next
TCU will take its final bye of the season before wrapping up the regular season on the road by traveling to Oklahoma on Saturday, Nov. 25.