• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU Launches Collection with "TC" Mark

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
GoFrogs: TCU Launches Collection with "TC" Mark

12910187.jpeg

Shop Now

FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU Athletics, working in conjunction with IMG College Licensing, announced today that for the first time ever a line of merchandise bearing the TC trademark worn by the baseball team will be available to fans at retail.

Though the use of the TC mark dates back to the early 1960s, it has become more widely known as the mark worn by the TCU baseball team for Sunday home games, a tradition that has been consistent since Head Coach Jim Schossnagle arrived in 2002. The mark, however, has not been a part of approved licensed merchandise collection until now.

The TC mark is being released as a part of TCU's College Vault program, which was launched last year. The College Vault is vintage-inspired merchandise program created by IMG College Licensing to pay homage to historical trademarks and traditions through fashion-forward apparel and non-apparel product.

"Fans have wanted the TC on merchandise for years but we needed the right way to introduce it into the market," said Drew Martin, Associate Athletics Director for Marketing and Licensing. "The TCU College Vault program gives us the platform to create and market high-quality product for the fans using the TC mark, while also protecting the logo as a part of our TCU heritage."

The initial product collection with the TC mark will include hats, polos, and button down shirts from top licensees such as Original Retro Brand, Peter Millar, Nike, and New Era.

"We are excited to work with TCU Athletics and a great collection of licensees to deliver unique TC-branded merchandise to Horned Frog fans," Nicole Armentrout, IMG College Licensing's VP of Marketing. "The College Vault collection was established to give TCU an avenue to properly merchandise its historic logos, which have deep meaning for the fans, and help tell the story of the University and its successful athletic program."

TCU's College Vault TC merchandise is available now at the TCU Bookstore, the TCU Team Store, and shop.gofrogs.com.

Ray Finkle

I have the 2nd from the right on a hat that I bought at my first TCU game in the mid-90s. It's a bit obnoxious but was cool to a 10 year old. When I wear it now, it's an obvious vintage item and lots of positive comments follow.

That being said, I had it on at the Big XII Basketball Tournament a few years back and CDC saw it. He told me to email him a pic of the hat because he wanted to bring back some throwbacks.

I agree on the far right Frog. I'd definitely buy some apparel.

I'm glad we have finally become more liberal with our apparel licensing. It used to be impossible to find anything good outside of the bookstore. I remember buying ugly TCU stuff from Eastbay and Lids because that's all an out-of-stater could find. Now the internet was not out in all its glory at that point in time. We are a "cool" school and have a national t-shirt fan following.

Last edited:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs

WhatTheFrog

Awesome. Just ordered 3. One for me, one for my son, one for my ‘56 TCU dad. That’s the logo they used when he was there. I missed the boat the one year they sold them in the baseball kiosks, and have been looking for them ever since.

And like whatthefrog, I’d like a pinstriped one like the players, or even better an unstructured one, but this is great.

I'm headed to the bookstore right now.

MinFrog

I would rock the flying T like a champ.

The 'TC'? not so much. not a huge fan. I think most people know 'TCU' at this point, but the 'TC'? No one would know what it was.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I would rock the flying T like a champ.

The 'TC'? not so much. not a huge fan. I think most people know 'TCU' at this point, but the 'TC'? No one would know what it was.

On our baseball units we don’t need to spell it out on the chest and the hat. Most people get the StL on Cardinal hats, etc.