• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Donati Named Director of Athletics

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
http://www.gofrogs.com/genrel/121117aaa.html

GoFrogs: Donati Named Director of Athletics

media-icon-photogallery.gif
Photo Gallery

TCU Chancellor Dr. Victor J. Boschini Jr. has announced the naming of Jeremiah Donati as the Horned Frogs' director of intercollegiate athletics. Donati becomes just the eighth director of intercollegiate athletics in TCU's history.

Donati, TCU's deputy athletics director, replaces Chris Del Conte who resigned after eight years to become vice president and athletics director at the University of Texas.

"Today I am delighted to name Jeremiah Donati to this new role," Boschini said. "His tremendous experience, his stellar work ethic and his sense of Horned Frog pride will be instrumental in assuring continued success of our athletics programs, along with ensuring that they remain integrated with the strategic direction of the university. I'm excited to see what we can achieve under his leadership."

Donati arrived at TCU in 2011 and has played a major role in the success of athletic development and facility upgrades, working closely with Del Conte and vice chancellor for university advancement Don Whelan. He was instrumental in the final stages of fundraising for the $164 million rebuild of Amon G. Carter Stadium as well as being the point person on the $72 million renovation of the Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena, Lupton Stadium upgrades, the Huffman Football Center, refurbishing of the Schollmaier Basketball Complex and the new playing field and improved lighting at Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium. He has also overseen record levels of donor support in Frog Club annual giving and overall athletic giving. The three highest totals in overall athletic giving at TCU have come in the last four years.

"From the moment I set foot on campus almost seven years ago, I knew immediately that the TCU community was very special," Donati said. "It truly is home to me and I feel incredibly blessed and humbled to be appointed to the position of director of intercollegiate athletics. I am grateful to Chancellor Boschini, Board Chairman Mark Johnson, Athletics Committee Chairman Hunter Enis and to our entire TCU Board of Trustees for allowing me to continue to serve our outstanding student-athletes, coaches and staff. I look forward to working with my incredible team to collectively continue the momentum we have at TCU."

Donati began at TCU as a Frog Club gift officer before becoming executive director of the TCU Frog Club. In 2013, he was promoted to associate athletics director and associate vice chancellor for athletic development. He was named Deputy AD in 2016.

"Today is a great day for TCU Athletics," Mark Johnson, chairman of TCU's board of trustees, said. "Here at TCU, we share the tremendous responsibility - and the tremendous honor - of shaping and transforming the leaders who, tomorrow, will shape and transform our world. And our athletics programs are a key part of that experience. We know that Jeremiah has the strength and determination to lead a division that not only excels on the field, but also guides our student-athletes toward reaching their full potential and becoming a force for the greater good."

Prior to TCU, Donati was with Leigh Steinberg Sports and Entertainment as general counsel and director of player representation. His extensive experience in professional and intercollegiate athletics includes fundraising positions with the University of Arizona Wildcat Club, Washington State University Cougar Athletic Fund and the Cal Poly University Mustang Club.

Donati earned a B.A. in politics and government in 2001 from the University of Puget Sound and a Juris Doctorate from Whittier Law School in 2005.

Donati and his wife, Nicole, live in Fort Worth and have two children.