• The KillerFrogs

Glass Half Full Thoughts After that nut kick...

CountryFrog

I really enjoyed us being a good team today by pitching well and scoring more runs than our opponent. I can only hope that we can continue to be a good team by not pitching poorly and scoring less than our opponents.
I think that will be the key to Thursday's game. We need to have an offensive approach to get on base, advance to other bases, and eventually advance all the way back to home plate while successfully executing a touch of the plate with less than three outs. We need to do that several times over the course of the game, preferably more times than our opponent.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think that will be the key to Thursday's game. We need to have an offensive approach to get on base, advance to other bases, and eventually advance all the way back to home plate while successfully executing a touch of the plate with less than three outs. We need to do that several times over the course of the game, preferably more times than our opponent.
I really hope we can be aggressive at the plate but also very patient. We need to work walks to get the pitch count up but also attack the first pitch as long as it isn't outside the zone, a curve, slider, knuckleball or eephus. Additionally I hope we are super aggressive on the bases by taking an extra base or stealing a base but only when we know in advance it won't result in an out.

CountryFrog

I really hope we can be aggressive at the plate but also very patient. We need to work walks to get the pitch count up but also attack the first pitch as long as it isn't outside the zone, a curve, slider, knuckleball or eephus. Additionally I hope we are super aggressive on the bases by taking an extra base or stealing a base but only when we know in advance it won't result in an out.
Winning offensive gameplan right here. I hope Coach Mo is at least smart enough to read this board while he's being lazy and leaning back in his chair in the dugout.

TCURiggs

That would be a very average approach, and God knows we shouldn't be average.

TCURiggs

All I know is that if we win, we are truly a great team, but if we lose, we are average and didn't belong in the CWS in the first place.

Bottom line, we are just lucky to be here. Kolek was probably a top 30 guy until he ran into our lucky asses today. Sorry about your bad luck, Stephen!

I don't know if you guys have looked at the numbers but we are batting under .300 all-time against Aggie pitchers whose last names start with a K. We are blessed to still be alive in this tourney and we probably won't fare as well against one of the top 10 pitchers in all of college baseball as we did in the early stages of conference play. We can only hope to God that we change up our approach and just start ripping the cover off the ball on command.

Waccy Frog

We've learned so much. We have a lower batting average against really good pitchers than we do against less good pitchers. It's all right there to see. Some of you are just blind.

But the only real question is: did we bunt? And did we bunt enough. The rest is just nonsense.

Deep Purple

All I know is that if we win, we are truly a great team, but if we lose, we are average and didn't belong in the CWS in the first place.
67011540.jpg

I really enjoyed us being a good team today by pitching well and scoring more runs than our opponent. I can only hope that we can continue to be a good team by not pitching poorly and scoring less than our opponents.
It's is a near statistical certainty that we win games where we out score our opponent.
#facts
#averageteamswininomaha

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Man, it stunk having a below average team against Florida. So glad the team got good again against TAMU. I'll wait until Friday morning to declare whether Thursday's team is good, average, or below average.