• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Western Virginia

Mean Purple

I never thought it would be easy, but I expected us to stick with straight ahead running game not become a titty finesse team against a team whooping are ass! Open your eyes we looked lifeless no swag no fire no swarming on defense. Flat lucky to win WVU outplayed us except on scoreboard!
They stacked up with us having starting center issue...which affects the guard as well. Which was smart. So we were not going to get that kind of push. And it was a physical game. WVU has defensive players who were out, who were back today. Frogs won, because in the end, they played team ball. This game went pretty much how I thought it would. Seasons always have games like this. The hits I saw being laid out today were not finesse team. Coach P pointed out how physical it was going to be, and was. Offenses take what the defense gives them. And make the big plays needed. And TCU did. Secondary bowed up when they were getting gassed.

And it is a win against a ranked opponent who was giving us everything they had.

Pharm Frog

We aren't gonna be pretty ...this team isn't built for offensive explosion. It's going to be a blender every week..better get used to it. A game like today is going to just make us better but we aren't going to win pretty. We can't sling it but we can damn well grind and dime you..It's working fine

Agree with this although I do find it somewhat strange given our athletic talent. Hoping we've got some ideas to get more touches for some playmakers preferably in space and preferably moving forward

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
WVU came into this game have the #6 qbr qb in the country. And TCU won.

BTW, for all the KH haters. KH came in with the #12 qbr. Not bad at all.
For the record:

I don't want to look for the negative in KH,
However,
I prefer to spread the field and think he is better than 15/28.

LisaLT

There is no denying field position (special teams) were the stars of this game. That and Texada. Those few PIs kept TDs from happening and outstanding coverage of Wills was critical. This was a really close game we easily couldnhave lost otherwise. Our D deserves a lot of credit.

FrogLifeYo

Can we just be honest and admit that KH is getting the job done splendidly but he's not exactly the kind of guy who's going to put a team on his back and will them to win..And Guess what.. That's Ok...We are good enough at the other 10 offensive positions that we don't need a guy to put us on his back..If rather have that all day then a team like OU who's pretty average outside of Mayfield...Baker has to be exceptional every week or OU is a 8 win team

cdsfrog

People are exaggerating on both sides. Kenny hill had a mediocre first half, really good second half. That's not a great game, but at the end of the day he played well especially when it mattered.

It's ok to say we didn't bring our A+ game. Except Nunez my Lord. Defense despite hickup at end of 3rd quarter was great especially last drive.

WVU is better on defense than stats indicate, like someone said injuries made them look worse. Really good team. Don't want to play them again.

ifrog

Can we just be honest and admit that KH is getting the job done splendidly but he's not exactly the kind of guy who's going to put a team on his back and will them to win.

Probably the dumbest comment yet. He did put the team on his back and willed them to win. He did it with his runs. I figured that some of you had slept off the alcohol by now.

Latest posts