• The KillerFrogs

GAME THREAD: TCU vs ISU

netty2424

When a team doesn’t score a single point despite have two goal to go situations in a tight game because it turned the ball over, holding penalties will take a backseat to turnovers IMO
Chicken or the egg scenario imo. I agree that KH HAS to protect the ball, the almost pick 6 is on him(and the play caller), but that fumble in the 4th was a blown up play because of missed blocks by the o-line. They make a block, he doesn't fumble.

They don't hold 9 times for 90 yards(or whatever it ended up, didn't see a final stat on that), we extend multiple drives with scoring possibilities. Instead we're forced to punt.

TCURiggs

Chicken or the egg scenario imo. I agree that KH HAS to protect the ball, the almost pick 6 is on him(and the play caller), but that fumble in the 4th was a blown up play because of missed blocks by the o-line. They make a block, he doesn't fumble.

They don't hold 9 times for 90 yards(or whatever it ended up, didn't see a final stat on that), we extend multiple drives with scoring possibilities. Instead we're forced to punt.

Yep. The pick in the redzone and the pick to end the game are definitely on KH, but that gatdamn fumble should've never happened. Not much he could've done about getting crunched/kneed by a couple of fatties, but that play should've never been called... run the darning football like we did the rest of that drive.

Those penalties felt like last season... damn near every time we had a big play it got brought back by a flag. Brutal. Hurry back, Morris.

netty2424

Yep. The pick in the redzone and the pick to end the game are definitely on KH, but that gatdamn fumble should've never happened. Not much he could've done about getting crunched/kneed by a couple of fatties, but that play should've never been called... run the darning football like we did the rest of that drive.

Those penalties felt like last season... damn near every time we had a big play it got brought back by a flag. Brutal. Hurry back, Morris.
The penalties. The darning penalties. And the biggest one of them all was the toe tap by Boesen that negated the pick 6.

Moose had a post in the game thread describing this whole thing as being "bizarro." For me, there's no better one word summation of what we witnessed today than Bizarro.

TCURiggs

The penalties. The darning penalties. And the biggest one of them all was the toe tap by Boesen that negated the pick 6.

Moose had a post in the game thread describing this whole thing as being "bizarro." For me, there's no better one word summation of what we witnessed today than Bizarro.

We literally had zero things go in our favor and we still had a shot to tie/win that game. It was darning "bizarro," starting with that stupid deflected pass that they caught in the 1st quarter. Stupid game was stupid.

TX_Krötenechse

We literally had zero things go in our favor and we still had a shot to tie/win that game. It was darning "bizarro," starting with that stupid deflected pass that they caught in the 1st quarter. Stupid game was stupid.
Yep. We are a lot better team than we looked tonight. Hopefully we will react well to the adversity and come out to crush the Longhorns.

4 Oaks Frog

I was working, and I caught only the three and out first series for isu. Past that, I was in the dark for the rest of the game. I won’t watch the replay. I don’t need the brain damage. But from what I’ve read here on KFC and from a very disappointed Mrs. 4 Oaks, it seems that our superior team was very offensively ill prepared for and out coached during this game. Because of that bad preparation and game time coaching, KH reverted to his old ways of poor footwork and even poorer decision making. It also sounds like coach Cumby did a bit of reverting, himself, to the playcalling of a dreadful last season. With that being said, the ultimate responsibility of having the team prepared rests directly at the feet of the head coach. My heart is full of love and admiration for AWHCGMFP!! He is beyond the best. He is unquestionably the tops at what he does. But, what the scheiss happened, Gary!?!!! You had your defense ready for the game. How did you allow Cumbie to not have his side of the ball ready?! How did you let Cumbie fail to have his squad UP for such an important game. False starts, holding, bad blocking, inaccurate passing...a complete offensive blow up means the O was not ready to play this game. How did that happen? When you see the game going sideways on you, why not step in and make a game time correction, tell Cumbie to change the course he was setting for the O. Coach P recognized what was happening. I believe he should have overridden what Cumbie was dialing up. I know he can do it. He did it at the end KU game when Cumbie was passing, when he wanted to “run the damn ball” when he thougt we were going to run the score up on the poor defenseless Jayhawks. Why not do the exact scheissing opposite during today’s game? He lit a fire under to have him shut it down for KU. Why not lite a fire to have Cumbie step up his play calling this game. Engage the mutherfucker!! Geeze Loieez!! It pisses me off to know how capable this entire team is to see one half of the team excell, while the other half just isn’t ready much of the time. Come on coach P! Turn up the heat on Cumbie and his half. It’s his job and it’s your job to see that he does it!!!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

flyfishingfrog

The play call on the almost pick 6 was terrible. Even if It’s a perfect pass and Turpin catches it cleanly, two guys are standing there waiting for him. There’s just no way that play was working against that defensive set.
I think they were just trying to get the first down
And both those guys were in the end zone

I don't know if he would have made it but my money would be on Turpin getting to the 2 for the first down if that pass hits him in stride so he can turn up field

Pharm Frog

Completely disagree that the fumble was a result of the play call and there was nothing KH could have done. How about tuck and protect the ball instead of waving it around in one hand?

Some say it was a bad play call because of the lack of execution. All play calls are bad when there’s a lack of execution.

netty2424

Yep. We are a lot better team than we looked tonight. Hopefully we will react well to the adversity and come out to crush the Longhorns.

We've definitely played better. And honestly I've been very confident that we would handle UT and most of what's left on our schedule.

After witnessing yesterday what we're capable of, I don't even know what to expect now.

Bruce Berry

I know we all-especially the team- would enjoy playing ISU in Dallas indoors in a few weeks.

If I'm UT I think I'm catching TCU at the wrong time.