• The KillerFrogs

Galloway and Herbstreit

BABYFACE

Despite all this, Joey>Randy

giphy.gif

Froggy Style

It's not a conspiracy, it's an ugly corporate plan that TCU is clearly part the equation to plan against as fewer eyeballs equates to dollars. Amateur sports is no longer a reality.

Just let it be noted that the same folks that defend ESPN now, pointed to Herbstreit throwing us a bone early in the season as their proof. I *may* have stated then that they just needed to wait until the end of the season for Herbstreit to change his tune.

I believe this is what they call clockwork.

We have many tough games left. No reason to fret...but we also don't need to be naïve to ESPN's agenda. Know thy enemy...their goals:

1. Reduce expenses
How: Reduce relevant conferences on their payroll
Complete: Mountain West, CUSA, WAC, Big East games warehoused and eventually discarded to CBS when BCS system created.

2. Reduce Competition
How: Remove conferences from relevancy and thus, TV rights bidding competitors
Complete: Creation of LHN by ESPN pissed off competitors of UT, consolidating conferences, killing MWC and Big East before NBC could sign new Big East

3. Protect Revenue:
How: Ensure only top teams are in the final games
Complete: Creating of BCS was the start along with making rules about making the top 6. Computers had TCU too close (1 second away). Close call and diminishing TV ratings in the fake bowl system was the end of that. Created a playoff system that selects desired outcomes. Including holding multiple votes when the final vote doesn't go as planned.

4. Next step:
Final consolidation for only 36 or so teams to participate in 8 team playoff. The rest get the scraps.
Defense: Litigation

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Galloway picked Baylor to win the Big 12 this year.

Any of you getting upset about anything he says, please read the previous sentence until that registers.

WhatTheFrog

Too many things to respond to in this thread. Yes, my input is important.

1. Galloway picked Baylor to win Big 12 this year (stated multiple times already). Dumbassery abounds with that guy.

2. Herbie's gonna Herbie. He pumps TCU until CFP rankings begin, then he starts blowing B1G teams. Happens every year since the CFP was a thing. No surprise.

3. Anyone claiming that Big 12 doesn't play defense doesn't play Big 12 offenses. I recall a certain Peach Bowl not too long ago where TCU played what was supposedly one of the best defenses in one of the best defensive conferences. That landshart defense gave up 42 while their offense only scored 3 against a team that "doesn't play defense" (and the 3 was a gift).

4. Todd D. states that Atlanta is the home of the SEC. Wrong. It's the ACC. You are ruining your own credibility with stuff like that and no one can take your posts seriously if you do that. Are you a secondary Wexahu account?

5. Wexahu - do you even TCU, bro?

6. I think the criteria that considers the number of past championships won as a factor of who is selected to participate in the playoffs is a bunch of hooey. This wasn't specifically mentioned earlier in this thread, but it was alluded to with the "blue blood" comment.

Zubaz

4. Todd D. states that Atlanta is the home of the SEC. Wrong. It's the ACC. You are ruining your own credibility with stuff like that and no one can take your posts seriously if you do that. Are you a secondary Wexahu account?
I love that of all things, you take exception to a WCW comment.

WhatTheFrog

I love that of all things, you take exception to a WCW comment.
This IS a "sports" forum, not a play-acting forum. I'm assuming your SEC reference has something to do with "wrastling"? I'll admit, I don't know, and I'm from an Atlanta suburb. I'd rather watch real sports.

Fact remains, you and Whackachoo sound eerily similar. In this thread, at least.

Zubaz

This IS a "sports" forum, not a play-acting forum. I'm assuming your SEC reference has something to do with "wrastling"? I'll admit, I don't know, and I'm from an Atlanta suburb. I'd rather watch real sports.
Someone made a WCW reference, which was based out of Atlanta after being bought by Ted Turner in '88. Since Atlanta is associated with the SEC title game ("TCU would never make it to Atlanta" and all that) I made that joke.

Dogfrog

Herbstreit on Mike & Mike this morning repeating his script about defense in B12, saying B12 plays 7 on 7. No mention of TCU #1 rushing defense, #6 scoring, # 7 total defense. It's a mistake to underestimate Herbstreit. Everything he says is calculated.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Herbstreit on Mike & Mike this morning repeating his script about defense in B12, saying B12 plays 7 on 7. No mention of TCU #1 rushing defense, #6 scoring, # 7 total defense. It's a mistake to underestimate Herbstreit. Everything he says is calculated.
Everything everyone says on ESPN is calculated. Including Galloway predicting Baylor winning the Big 12. He’s an idiot but he’s not that stupid. That was just to generate buzz.

Now, with a small school threatening their little party, they have to convince everyone that we actually suck and don’t deserve to be in so there isn’t massive outcry when we are left out.

flyfishingfrog

The logical reason why OU would be a lock and we aren't quite a lock is because OU beat Ohio State in OOC and we beat Arkansas. Blue blood or not, that matters.
You do realize that if we end 12-1 we would have beat OU (who beat tOSU) and possibly had to do it twice.

Thus the idea that they would be a lock due to tOSU win but we would not be for beating them - is a perfect demonstration of blue blood bias

Frog-in-law1995

You do realize that if we end 12-1 we would have beat OU (who beat tOSU) and possibly had to do it twice.

Thus the idea that they would be a lock due to tOSU win but we would not be for beating them - is a perfect demonstration of blue blood bias

But in addition to tOSU, they’d have beaten us twice, too. Either way, their resume is better.

Not that I agree with Wexahu, though. I don’t think OU is a lock at 12-1. But I do think they would probably have a slightly better resume than we would.

Wexahu

No, it's not. If they beat us twice and finish 12-1 their overall resume will be better than ours if we finish 12-1 and beat them twice. And it's because of the Ohio State game (unless OSU loses a few more games which is highly unlikely). They'll have one more win than we do over a ranked team, and will have a stronger SOS. That's just a fact. So while you say it's because they are a blue blood, I can just as easily say it's because they'll have a stronger resume.

cheese83

No, it's not. If they beat us twice and finish 12-1 their overall resume will be better than ours if we finish 12-1 and beat them twice. And it's because of the Ohio State game (unless OSU loses a few more games which is highly unlikely). They'll have one more win than we do over a ranked team, and will have a stronger SOS. That's just a fact. So while you say it's because they are a blue blood, I can just as easily say it's because they'll have a stronger resume.

Beating Ohio St at home is a big W for OU and better than our OOC game vs. Arky. But you keep dismissing that Ohio State just got smoked by 31 to Iowa who is 6-3. Also Ohio State still has to play Michigan St and then Michigan at the Big House. They could easily lose 1 or 2 more games.
If you guys don't think there is a clear bias with the ESPN CFP talking heads you are crazy. The after show was clearly Big 10 (Galloway & Herbstreit) vs. the SEC (Pollack & Booger). Then throw in Finebaum who is the biggest SEC homer out there. Not to mention the direct financial ties ESPN/ABC has to the SEC and Big 10 through TV deals.
ESPN wants to promote their own games this week, the nighttime slot is our game (TCU vs OU) on Fox at 7 going against UGA/Aub (ESPN) and ND vs Miami (ABC). Why would they ever be objective when it is motivated by TV money? The execs aren't getting paid to send eyeballs over to Fox.

Sebastian S

Keep winning and they can't keep us out.

Let our play on the field do the talking.

Hold OU to their season low offensively and they will notice.

Wexahu

Beating Ohio St at home is a big W for OU and better than our OOC game vs. Arky. But you keep dismissing that Ohio State just got smoked by 31 to Iowa who is 6-3. Also Ohio State still has to play Michigan St and then Michigan at the Big House. They could easily lose 1 or 2 more games.
If you guys don't think there is a clear bias with the ESPN CFP talking heads you are crazy. The after show was clearly Big 10 (Galloway & Herbstreit) vs. the SEC (Pollack & Booger). Then throw in Finebaum who is the biggest SEC homer out there. Not to mention the direct financial ties ESPN/ABC has to the SEC and Big 10 through TV deals.
ESPN wants to promote their own games this week, the nighttime slot is our game (TCU vs OU) on Fox at 7 going against UGA/Aub (ESPN) and ND vs Miami (ABC). Why would they ever be objective when it is motivated by TV money? The execs aren't getting paid to send eyeballs over to Fox.

If you want to argue that Arkansas is as good as Ohio State, I think you’re nuts (and I don’t think you’re doing that). But that’s all what this is about, comparing OUs potential 12-1 resume vs TCUs potential 12-1 resume. OUs will be stronger, therefore they are more of a lock for the playoffs at 12-1 than we are. That’s it.

TheElephant

Didn't read the whole thread, but Galloway is still around?? Thought the guy retired to his ranch in Waxahachie??

BTW, I don't mind Galloway too much and miss the days when Esrtidge was on his show.

cheese83

If you want to argue that Arkansas is as good as Ohio State, I think you’re nuts (and I don’t think you’re doing that). But that’s all what this is about, comparing OUs potential 12-1 resume vs TCUs potential 12-1 resume. OUs will be stronger, therefore they are more of a lock for the playoffs at 12-1 than we are. That’s it.

Of course I wasn’t arguing that our Arky win was better than OU’s victory over Ohio State. I even said that. What I was saying is that it may not be as big of a win due to the remainder of their schedule. They could very easily lose to both Michigan and Michigan State which would reduce the shine from that game.
Regardless if either us or OU are 12-1 at the end of the season and conference championship games we should be in the CFP.