• The KillerFrogs

Galloway and Herbstreit

Dogfrog

Just called out the entire Big 12 for absolutely no defense. Herbstreit says B12 is like 7 on 7 where all linemen take the play off. No mention at all of TCU defense. Anybody that defends these guys is clueless.

Sebastian S

Just called out the entire Big 12 for absolutely no defense. Herbstreit says B12 is like 7 on 7 where all linemen take the play off. No mention at all of TCU defense. Anybody that defends these guys is clueless.

Most college football shows do it.

Even the guy that called the TCU-ISU game, I think he went to Alabama. He has a show with the old bald sec homer guy. He agreed that the Big 12 had no defense. I was waiting for one of them to say ...Except TCU

Sorry I don't know or care about these guys names.

Last edited:
W

Way of the Frog

If only a Big 12 team had gone on the round and dominated a well known program in their place. I mean basically shut down some high profile quarterback.

Damn,,,,,,,,stuck with Mike Stoopes who can't even slow Gundy. Can't imagine what he would do against someone like Urban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wexahu

I've heard Herbstreit say on multiple occasions that "TCU plays defense". In any event, who cares what he says?

Does your opinion ever get swayed by what you hear Galloway or Herbstreit say? I'd guess no, right?. Then why do you think those guys have influence on anyone else?

Zubaz

"I can't stand what these guys say, they are all so biased against us"
*won't stop watching*

Even if there was an agenda against the Big 12 (there isn't, obviously), why would you even bother watching?

Dogfrog

I've heard Herbstreit say on multiple occasions that "TCU plays defense". In any event, who cares what he says?

Does your opinion ever get swayed by what you hear Galloway or Herbstreit say? I'd guess no, right?. Then why do you think those guys have influence on anyone else?

Do you think Im swayed bu them?? Why do you ask?? They speak for ESPN and to the extent the committee caters to ESPN they speak for them too.

Chico Dusty

They influence a lot of people. Especially when a lot of ppl around the country don’t pay attention to TCU football and know little about us. The world is innuendated with tons of media and ppl listen to headlines, sound bites, etc and than repeat it as fact. I don’t let it influence me, especially since Herbstreit is a total schmohawk, but you’d be naive to think the masses don’t believe what they hear on the TV. Hell, my good buddy in Austin, who is a TCU grad, listens to everything Colin Cowherd says - and I always have to talk him down, etc

These guys are all consumed by star rankings and how a team looks "on the hoof." In other words, how big they look coming off the bus. I'm not even sure why we play the games at all.

Wexahu

Are you really this invested in proving there's no bias? They just showed you a bias against the B12 -- no defense -- and you still deny it.

I have no idea why people let this bother them so much. I don't even watch the show, I just see the rankings. I'm fine with them, there's nothing in the rankings that makes me believe there's any funny business going on. Win games against good teams and everything usually takes care of itself. If we beat OU this weekend we're going to be one of the talks of college football, let's go do it.