• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why TCU basketball is ‘considering’ pulling Mickey Pearson’s redshirt

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Why TCU basketball is ‘considering’ pulling Mickey Pearson’s redshirt

By Drew Davison

Post depth is an area of concern for TCU men’s basketball more than one month into the season.

The Horned Frogs sustained a blow when reserve center Russell Barlow entered his name in the NCAA transfer portal earlier this week, leaving the team without a true backup to starting center Kevin Samuel.

Barlow wasn’t a star player by any means, but he provided nice length and size (6-foot-10, 235 pounds) off the bench.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article238324473.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

why do i think this has less to do with losing a backup 5 who rarely played and more to do with the issues at 4 on the defensive end

Skip Jansen

why do i think this has less to do with losing a backup 5 who rarely played and more to do with the issues at 4 on the defensive end

You're right, it's not a secret that Grayer is a liability on the defensive end. Just doesn't have the size or strength.

That's why it's crucial for Smith to start playing like he is capable of.

I'm hoping that Jamie will give the freshmen a lot of minutes and let them play through their mistakes against Lamar.

Eight

You're right, it's not a secret that Grayer is a liability on the defensive end. Just doesn't have the size or strength.

That's why it's crucial for Smith to start playing like he is capable of.

I'm hoping that Jamie will give the freshmen a lot of minutes and let them play through their mistakes against Lamar.

grayer seems to me to be the ideal fit as a 3, but this roster has an abundance of 2's and 3's.

i would really love to see farabello, fuller, and smith get 20+ minutes against lamar, but jamie seems set on playing his more experienced transfers the lion share of the minutes even though the younger guys have higher ceilings and hopefully are here next year (not that i know or heard of any of the freshmen leaving, but in this day and age......)

DickBumpastache

grayer seems to me to be the ideal fit as a 3, but this roster has an abundance of 2's and 3's.

i would really love to see farabello, fuller, and smith get 20+ minutes against lamar, but jamie seems set on playing his more experienced transfers the lion share of the minutes even though the younger guys have higher ceilings and hopefully are here next year (not that i know or heard of any of the freshmen leaving, but in this day and age......)

Fuller and Smith combined to commit 7 fouls in 20 minutes last game. They’re averaging over 5 fouls committed per 40. They are not leaving JD much of a choice in terms of how much playing time they should get.

It appears that, once again, this class is not all it was cracked up to be. All 3 are way behind the curve in terms of what it takes to play big minutes as a true freshman in a P5 conference.

Eight

Fuller and Smith combined to commit 7 fouls in 20 minutes last game. They’re averaging over 5 fouls committed per 40. They are not leaving JD much of a choice in terms of how much playing time they should get.

It appears that, once again, this class is not all it was cracked up to be. All 3 are way behind the curve in terms of what it takes to play big minutes as a true freshman in a P5 conference.

agree and here comes the problems when you are trying to win games and develop young players at the same time.

Hell Sent Frog

It’s our offense that is suffering, not our defense so much.
What really hurts our offense is when Samuel gets in foul trouble and/or Bane’s lack of aggressive play when we have the ball.

ThisIsOurTime

It would be good to have an extra big available and might translate into a few extra wins. The team needs to show progress this year to help people believe in the upward trajectory of the program.