• The KillerFrogs

FWST: This TCU football star made the right decision about the NFL

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This TCU football star made the right decision about the NFL

BY BIG STEAMING PILE
tengel@star-telegram.com

TCU’s defense in 2018 made a major improvement with the announcement that defensive end Ben Banogu will return for his senior year.

Banogu announced this decision on his Instagram account.

Banogu had been mulling the decision to turn pro after a junior year when he had 8.5 sacks and 16.5 tackles for losses.

“I think it’s great,” former TCU all-American and Buffalo Bills defensive end Jerry Hughes told me in a phone interview on Thursday, a few hours after Banogu made the decision. “That’s a huge decision. Once you decide, there is no coming back.”

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-column/big-steaming-pile/article193637634.html

Limp Lizard

If he had decided to declare, the NFL teams and scouts would suddenly find all kinds of faults in his game.

In this summer's preseason coverage I wonder how many of those gurus who had him in the first round will not have him anywhere in the draft list?

Blake did not succeed due to a mental illness, not anything football related. If he did not have that problem, he would have been all-pro several times, IMO.

OICU812

If he had decided to declare, the NFL teams and scouts would suddenly find all kinds of faults in his game.

In this summer's preseason coverage I wonder how many of those gurus who had him in the first round will not have him anywhere in the draft list?

Blake did not succeed due to a mental illness, not anything football related. If he did not have that problem, he would have been all-pro several times, IMO.

Those preseason lists are so maddening. The one that always sticks with me is before the 2009 season, the "Herbies" where that jackwagon didn't have Jerry Hughes even among the top 4 Des in the country, then dude goes out and wins the Ted Hendricks award which is for the best ONE in the country.

Wexahu

Those preseason lists are so maddening. The one that always sticks with me is before the 2009 season, the "Herbies" where that jackwagon didn't have Jerry Hughes even among the top 4 Des in the country, then dude goes out and wins the Ted Hendricks award which is for the best ONE in the country.

So what? I can't believe anyone even remembers this stuff, much less gives two [ Finebaum ]s about it.

If some writer has, say, a TCU player picked on their preseason 1st-team All-Big 12 team and then that player ends up not even making honorable mention, does that mean that writer was a jackwagon?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
So what? I can't believe anyone even remembers this stuff, much less gives two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about it.

If some writer has, say, a TCU player picked on their preseason 1st-team All-Big 12 team and then that player ends up not even making honorable mention, does that mean that writer was a jackwagon?
Anyone who slights TCU, warranted or not, is a jack wagon. That’s the rule.

OICU812

So what? I can't believe anyone even remembers this stuff, much less gives two [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s about it.

Gosh I hadn't thought of it like that! Please let me know when ESPN is going to be airing their 30-minute feature on the All-B12 team as a lead-in to the college football season so I can watch it and decide.

You think prime-time mentions of TCU players don't matter? Not to recruits, not to voters, not to fans of CFB generally??? And for perspective, this was 2009, when ESPN was THE college football entity, much more so than now... So yes, in a sport where every public mention of your team and its players means greater exposure to the next group of potential players, I give two [ Finebaum ]s about it.

Punter1

Why do I have it in my head that he did?

Probably because he only played 3 years since I believe he was a Prop 48 and that eliminated a year if he didn't graduate on time.

Once again my memory is a little shaky on this but I think he was one of the only Prop 48 kids we ever took...meaning you sit our your first year and that counts toward your eligibility and you can get that year back if you graduate in 4 years.