• The KillerFrogs

FWST: The ‘electric’ player TCU football wants to shake loose

Sebastian S

Look at the current QB of Alabama.

There was a stat in one of the ESPN shows that he is HORRIBLE on throws 20+ yards.

Similar to this but through more games
CsPwZK_UMAAknmp.jpg:large

BABYFACE

I know this is what it looks like when teams blitz a lot but it's usually not that simple. Defenses that bring a lot of pressure know that they are opening themselves up to quick inside breaking routes and are going to play coverages that force an outside release. That doesn't mean you can't get inside, but it usually takes either a defensive alignment mistake on the back end or a QB escaping outside the pocket.

I hear ya, but where the safety was lined up, TCU had the middle. The 5-8 yard quick slant was there with the WR between the safety and the ball. If the safety starts cheating up, then you got one on one coverage on the deep ball.

TCURiggs

I don't believe this is a fair criticism unless you have some inside knowledge.

I'm not even saying you're wrong. I just don't feel comfortable placing 100% of this at the feet of Kenny Hill based on things that, really, only the coaches and Kenny himself would know.

It's not fair criticism. I re-watch every game a couple of times and it's very obvious that KH is doing a great job of scanning the field and making reads. He's getting through his progressions (just watch his head/feet) much better than in the past and he's taken much better care of the football and completing a high percentage of his passes. Also, that chart that I posted in another thread from Twitter showed that he's been great on 15-20 yard throws, so he's getting it downfield plenty. He doesn't attempt/complete a lot of 20+ yard passes, but I think that's mostly by design.

Sebastian S

He doesn't attempt/complete a lot of 20+ yard passes, but I think that's mostly by design.

True but it would be nice to see us use it once in awhile, more like practice in case we get in a situation where we would need it.

We were not moving the ball as well vs. WVU and part of that could be because they had 2 weeks to prepare for us.

TCURiggs

True but it would be nice to see us use it once in awhile, more like practice in case we get in a situation where we would need it.

We were not moving the ball as well vs. WVU and part of that could be because they had 2 weeks to prepare for us.

The deep ball is exciting and all, and we've hit a few times, but I've had very little to complain about with our offense outside of the first half of the WVU game.

Last edited:

VA Froggie

Hey we are 5-0. Give a little slack, this is the most balanced team in all three phases we’ve seen in years. Getting Turpin the ball more would be good but going undefeated is even better. Go Frogs,

Sebastian S

If you watch some of Turpins returns, if he doesn't make that first guy miss, he would get absolutely annihilated.

I cringe every time he gets moving head on but jukes his way out of that first defender.

W

Way of the Frog

Austin had a long catch and run on a slant route against OSU and then had one last week against WVU.

Earlier in the game Kenny was trying to get the ball out of his hands so quickly I don't think there would have been a chance for a slant or crossing route to develop.

In regards to punt returns Turpin only has 4 returns for the year. Hard to spring a guy when he isn't getting a chance to even run one back. Opponents have punted 26 times and Frogs only have 5 returns.