• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU to announce Donati as next athletic director

gdu

Watching the CDC presser and trying not to throw up.

He just briefly mentioned how he met Donati. I had no idea about that relationship.

I'm not trying to be cryptic, but in the interest of accuracy, if someone else who knows that story would share it, I imagine it would be appreciated.

Dogfrog

I like my dogs better than most people I've met.

With the exception of RodDog and BaylorDan, They were great Americans and I miss them.

So you expect people to be obedient, heel, roll over, play dead, lick your face, and fetch your dead birds?

westoverhillbilly

It's comforting to have someone who knows our culture and won't mess with the Holy Trinity of our coaches.. This is a low risk hire in that we know exactly what we're getting at a time when we don't need to fix what ain't broken..

BABYFACE

It's comforting to have someone who knows our culture and won't mess with the Holy Trinity of our coaches.. This is a low risk hire in that we know exactly what we're getting at a time when we don't need to fix what ain't broken..

Agree. However, there is a risk in these type of hires, that they stay on auto pilot too long. Hopefully, that isn’t the case and Donati turns out the way GP did when he was promoted to HC.

Watching the CDC presser and trying not to throw up.

He just briefly mentioned how he met Donati. I had no idea about that relationship.

I'm not trying to be cryptic, but in the interest of accuracy, if someone else who knows that story would share it, I imagine it would be appreciated.
Can you elaborate? Or is the press conference online?

TCUdirtbag

Agree. However, there is a risk in these type of hires, that they stay on auto pilot too long. Hopefully, that isn’t the case and Donati turns out the way GP did when he was promoted to HC.

In my observation, this happens a lot more when you promote someone intenr that’s slowly advanced in their career as much of a result of tenure as anything. Not so much with young guns like Donati that are 38 and still have most of their career ahead of them.