• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU fans lose big in schedule change

OmniscienceFrog

It says right there in the article where it came from. If that was a lie, don't you think CDC would have said so, considering the amount of flack he is taking from the faithful. I love how everyone is willing to overlook what both parties are openly saying and instead searching for ways to somehow make it look like OSU initiated this or were going to walk if we didn't agree to it. You have to assume both athletic departments are lying in order to believe that story.
Let me clarify. I know who the quote was attributed to. I don't know where the poster found it published and therefore don't know the reliability of the reporting of the quote. Somehow I find it hard to believe that a Deputy Athletic Director for Ohio State, is going to call Cowboy's Stadium "Jerry World" to a bunch of media types.

cdsfrog

Big time football programs?

And as I've said before if we had 1 decent ooc every year or close to it I would be ecstatic with that.
2 decent in 8 years? Yeah not so much

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Big time football programs?

And as I've said before if we had 1 decent ooc every year or close to it I would be ecstatic with that.
2 decent in 8 years? Yeah not so much
If our home slate of games next year were against New Mexico, Wyoming, Air Force and BYU everyone would be gotdam darning ecstatic about playing Ohio State in Arlington. How soon we forget the purgatory we lived in for so long. Instead we get OU, Ok State, Tech, etc because of the decisions made by CDC and GP. I think benefit of the doubt is at least acceptable in this case. Yes it's disappointing but that's about it. If you don't want to pay for a game in Arlington, then don't. The message will be sent if enough don't go. There's your retribution if you insist upon having it. Remove the emotion from the situation and it's really and truly not the end of the world, or even more importantly apparently, TCU football.

cdsfrog

Again I don't think it's end of the world and I still love cdc but if he could cut this [ Finebaum ] out I would be grateful. First Lsu now Ohio state. Just either don't schedule them or schedule them upfront as neutral like many others do.

Yeah I won't be going but of course it won't impact my passion for the team or my contributions one bit.

frogtown

If our home slate of games next year were against New Mexico, Wyoming, Air Force and BYU everyone would be gotdam darning ecstatic about playing Ohio State in Arlington. How soon we forget the purgatory we lived in for so long. Instead we get OU, Ok State, Tech, etc because of the decisions made by CDC and GP. I think benefit of the doubt is at least acceptable in this case. Yes it's disappointing but that's about it. If you don't want to pay for a game in Arlington, then don't. The message will be sent if enough don't go. There's your retribution if you insist upon having it. Remove the emotion from the situation and it's really and truly not the end of the world, or even more importantly apparently, TCU football.

This is probably the most emotional post in this thread, but I get what your saying and you make a point about our new conference schedule and how much better it is, and it's precisely the reason that makes all this so irritating. We have progressed to a place where we are paid and paid well as a member of the big12 we are consistently ranked and occasionally elite but a very well regarded team year to year with excellent brand recognition and revenue. Yet, we are still trying to create a big splash for "exposure". We built a wonderful stadium and for the first 15 years of its existence we are going to play all of our marquee ooc games in jerry world....we are finally able to get the likes of Ohio State to agree to a home and home and we turn into the same type of one off we would have had to of had ....if we were still little old TCU in the WAC, on top of that we kept bugging them about it, until they said ok. The fans have delivered in spades and TCU just wants to keep,squeezing blood from a turnip. You want national exposure put your head down and beat osu twice, how bout dah?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Again I don't think it's end of the world and I still love cdc but if he could cut this Briles matter out I would be grateful. First Lsu now Ohio state. Just either don't schedule them or schedule them upfront as neutral like many others do.

Yeah I won't be going but of course it won't impact my passion for the team or my contributions one bit.
If they are never scheduled then people will complain about the scheduling. If scheduled at least there is a chance. Never scheduled there is no chance.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This is probably the most emotional post in this thread, but I get what your saying and you make a point about our new conference schedule and how much better it is, and it's precisely the reason that makes all this so irritating. We have progressed to a place where we are paid and paid well as a member of the big12 we are consistently ranked and occasionally elite but a very well regarded team year to year with excellent brand recognition and revenue. Yet, we are still trying to create a big splash for "exposure". We built a wonderful stadium and for the first 15 years of its existence we are going to play all of our marquee ooc games in jerry world....we are finally able to get the likes of Ohio State to agree to a home and home and we turn into the same type of one off we would have had to of had ....if we were still little old TCU in the WAC, on top of that we kept bugging them about it, until they said ok. The fans have delivered in spades and TCU just wants to keep,squeezing blood from a turnip. You want national exposure put your head down and beat osu twice, how bout dah?

And yet I typed it with no emotion whatsoever.

cdsfrog

Peacefrog I completely believe you understand that many times when people profusely tell you how not upset they are, really are upset.

Your post came off that way a bit even though I completely believe that you really aren't upset about it it'll probably similar to moose.

cdsfrog

If they are never scheduled then people will complain about the scheduling. If scheduled at least there is a chance. Never scheduled there is no chance.

I want it scheduled. Just all marque opponents as neutral (local or away don't care one bit) and then home in home with the Minnesotas, Virginia's and hell even Arkansas of the world. That way no reason to be upset.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
"Del Conte said he also considered how two games against the powerhouse Buckeyes would affect TCU’s College Football Playoff aspirations. The matchup aids strength of schedule, but a loss by a big margin could be negative."

-this is the part I don't like. That is all.
Agreed.

cdsfrog

All bitching aside really love cdc not hiding behind this. He took a lot of flak for this but it means a lot to so many that he's willing to be transparent about it and communicate so openly on Twitter about it.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
"Del Conte said he also considered how two games against the powerhouse Buckeyes would affect TCU’s College Football Playoff aspirations. The matchup aids strength of schedule, but a loss by a big margin could be negative."

-this is the part I don't like. That is all.

it almost sounds like they're not the kind of team we need to be playing right now.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Peacefrog I completely believe you understand that many times when people profusely tell you how not upset they are, really are upset.

Your post came off that way a bit even though I completely believe that you really aren't upset about it it'll probably similar to moose.
Yeah, I'm not upset. Disappointed for sure. But not angry or upset in any way.

I do find it interesting that my lack of being upset is upsetting to some people that are already upset. Maybe it's best if In the future I avoid providing any type of counter point to any situation related to anything.