• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU, a season-long underdog, may now be the NIT favorite

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU, a season-long underdog, may now be the NIT favorite

BY JIMMY BURCH
jburch@star-telegram.com

Throughout its turnaround season, TCU has deftly played the underdog card before most of its biggest men’s basketball games. The Horned Frogs (22-15), who posted only 12 wins last year, have responded with a postseason run to next week’s NIT semifinals in New York.

But a funny thing has happened on the way to Madison Square Garden. TCU, the No. 4 seed in its eight-team NIT quadrant, will arrive in the Big Apple with as lofty of a tournament seed as any remaining semifinalist (Central Florida also received a No. 4 seed). The Frogs’ RPI ranking (No. 67) is the best among the four schools still competing for an NIT title.

Does that mean TCU, the perpetual underdog this season, suddenly looms as the favorite to cut down the nets in New York City?

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...niversity/article140435953.html#storylink=cpy

TRF51

I am concerned with UCF, I hope the length of their center does not cause us to many problems. That Bakersfield team looked like they can cause us problems if they sped us up.

Purp

I am concerned with UCF, I hope the length of their center does not cause us to many problems. That Bakersfield team looked like they can cause us problems if they sped us up.
I think UCF is concerned with our center. How well is their 7'6" weapon going to guard our center on the perimeter. And if he does, how are they going to keep A Rob from getting easy baskets for himself and others in the lane all night?

The match-ups in this game will be interesting to watch. Whoever can assert their game plan better will win.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Again, I say, yes they have a 7-6 center. They are still a NIT fourth-seed team coming out of a relatively weak conference.

Tom Brown

I think UCF is concerned with our center. How well is their 7'6" weapon going to guard our center on the perimeter. And if he does, how are they going to keep A Rob from getting easy baskets for himself and others in the lane all night?

The match-ups in this game will be interesting to watch. Whoever can assert their game plan better will win.

The matchup between Dixon and Dawkins will be great.

Johnny Dawkins is the onliest dooky i ever liked.