• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Gary Patterson reacts and explains Del Conte connection

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU’s Gary Patterson reacts and explains Del Conte connection

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

Gary Patterson understands why his boss is leaving, but the TCU football coach wanted to clear up one thing about the departure of his athletic director to the University of Texas.

Longtime NBC 5 sports anchor Newy Scruggs tweeted Sunday that the buyouts for TCU’s football, baseball and men’s basketball coaches became null and void with Chris Del Conte accepting the position at Texas.

Per Patterson, the buyout provision in his contract is voided if either Del Conte or chancellor Victor Boschini leaves the school.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article189076649.html

funkytownfrog

Coach P:

“No. 1, we are really good friends. We were able to do this together and it’s been a great ride,” Patterson said. “It’s like if anyone else leaves: You get going and go to the next level. He did a great job of taking care of myself and my family. I know he did for the rest of the coaches, too. But he felt like he needed a new challenge and you have to wish him well.”

Christcu

Coach P:

“No. 1, we are really good friends. We were able to do this together and it’s been a great ride,” Patterson said. “It’s like if anyone else leaves: You get going and go to the next level. He did a great job of taking care of myself and my family. I know he did for the rest of the coaches, too. But he felt like he needed a new challenge and you have to wish him well.”
Except when we bury their butts on the playing field....