• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Some TCU players weren’t going to shake hands with OU. That’s a Patterson no-no

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Some TCU players weren’t going to shake hands with OU. That’s a Patterson no-no

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

NORMAN, OKLA. – Some TCU players were not interested in shaking hands after Saturday night’s 38-20 loss to Oklahoma, coach Gary Patterson said.

He said he made them.

“You don’t judge people by how you win, you judge people by how you lose,” Patterson said. “You get back out, you shake hands. That’s the way life is. That’s what we do at TCU.”

Patterson said he, too, was mad after the game. He called it “pretty emotional on both sides.”

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article184226928.html

stbrab

Shaking hands with the winner when you lose an emotional game, can be a tough thing to do. But that’s what sportsmanship is all about. Glad to see Coach P take this stand.

Limp Lizard

I personally dislike a poor winner than a poor loser. I have never been a bad sport, lose or win, but I can see how much pain the loser is in. On the other hand, the winner has gotten what he wanted and there is no reason to be a poor winner. Being around aggy much of my like I have seen more than my share of bad winners!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Gary remembers R. Jay Soward and Carson Palmer running off the field and up the ramp at the Sun Bowl, like a couple of little witches.

Leap Frog

Remember, football is just a game played by kids who run up and down a cow pasture and try to not step in something awful.
Also, football and life are fleeting memories, while all things spiritual are eternal.
Nevertheless, beat the H out of Texas Tech.