• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Running back Ed Wesley considered NFL, but sticks with TCU

JugbandFrog

I would say the OL play has been solid. When we seem to have issues running the ball in big games, it doesn't have to do much with the OL, rather the game plan.

I agree with Jack The Weed's assessment about the seniors starting.

TCUSA

Did anybody see the Boise game last season?

I'm not saying we can't produce good NFL prospects--but our running game, in big games, hardly makes a dent. I haven't seen the kind of aggressiveness that I remember seeing when we were running the split back veer under Wacker or from Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Maybe that's not realistic running as balanced an attack as we do, but I sure would like to see it when we run the ball. Not trying to be picky--have to say I'm extremely happy with the final results lately--but OL does seem to be a weak link, at least to my mind.

jack the frog

Our offensive scheme tends to direct stuff to the outside often where talented teams with speed can shut things down on the corners. Do not see alot of between the tackle stuff. I am no coach, that just how it looks to me sometimes.

jake102

I thought the O-Line was a little weak this year at times. Pass protection was generally pretty good... although I thought they had a very poor game against BYU protecting Pachall.

I'd rather have pass protection than run blocking. Unless you are going to go Wisconsin 2010 style with the amazing O-Line running attack, you need to be able to throw. If a team can't run, but can throw they are far more likely to be successful than if a team can't throw and only run.

Deep Purple

We developed a rep as an effective running team, so more opponents are stacking the box against us the last 2-3 years. That's why it's such an advantage to have a dual-threat QB like Dalton was, and like they're teaching Pachall to become.

Limp Lizard

Hey, I am always worried about the OL, since it is so important to an attack. Under Williamson the biggest weakness has always seemed to be the 3rd or 4th down and short when they run up the middle. Not a push-you-back kind of OL style. But pass protection has been good, though. FWIT according to Rivals GP said that Boise had a better DL than any he saw on film from last years' B12 teams.

He also said he has six WR's who ran in the 4.4's this spring (including Brown). And, surprising to me, Tucker had the fastest RB time, followed by Catalon.

It's sure nice to be able to run and throw. Stop our running game, we will beat you through the air...but you have to sell out to stop the running game!

TronCarter

[font="arial] [/font][/color]

Love to hear that. With that speed and that size, if he has the guts, hands and instincts of Boyce, he should be more than a handful. [img]http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
[color="#111111"][font="arial] [/font][/color]

[font="sans-serif"]

[/font]

He definitely has the guts and the mind to be great. He overcame more than any freshman should in their first year here. I'd even go so far to say he has one of the best motivating factors a guy can have.