• The KillerFrogs

FWST: No. 3 TCU sweeps for 8th straight win

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: No. 3 TCU sweeps for 8th straight win

Star-Telegram

MANHATTAN, KAN. – Third-ranked TCU scored six runs in the third inning and five in the fifth in romping to a 12-4 victory Sunday over Kansas State and a sweep of a three-game Big 12 baseball series.

The Horned Frogs (22-5, 8-1 Big 12) have won eight straight games after taking the first two of the series in the 11th and 10 innings of games that were scoreless after nine.

Cam Warner’s grand slam highlighted the fifth inning Sunday and built TCU’s lead to 11-2.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...niversity/article142289964.html#storylink=cpy

Pharm Frog

Baseball America has Frogs steady at #3. NCAA RPI has Frogs up to #11 (from #15). D1 Baseball has Frogs at #3 (up from #4)
So UTRGV wasn't the harpoon to the chest of RPI that was feared?

Still too early to tell. When it gets down to the end and those fractions of fractions start differentiating teams, we'll see. Would be nice for them to go on a big winning streak. Nothing stays static. RPI is a critical factor but I don't really start obsessing over it until the last month of the regular season (although I still want it to rain, rain, and rain some more on May 2nd).

FWIW - Murray State is currently 196th, UTRGV = 210 (up from 237....atta boys!), ACU = 256

Purp

Baseball America has Frogs steady at #3. NCAA RPI has Frogs up to #11 (from #15). D1 Baseball has Frogs at #3 (up from #4)

Still too early to tell. When it gets down to the end and those fractions of fractions start differentiating teams, we'll see. Would be nice for them to go on a big winning streak. Nothing stays static. RPI is a critical factor but I don't really start obsessing over it until the last month of the regular season (although I still want it to rain, rain, and rain some more on May 2nd).

FWIW - Murray State is currently 196th, UTRGV = 210 (up from 237....atta boys!), ACU = 256
Those blowout losses to us really helped RGV boost their RPI.