• The KillerFrogs

FWST: More four-star players roll in for TCU, Jamie Dixon

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Dixon

More four-star players roll in for TCU, Jamie Dixon

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

The four-star recruits keep rolling in for TCU.

Two days before the season opener, Horned Frogs coach Jamie Dixon announced a four-member signing class that includes three four-star recruits from Texas and a top juniors player from New Zealand.

Last spring, before Dixon coached his first game in Fort Worth, TCU had signed only one four-star player in its history. His first signee was four-star guard Jaylen Fisher, and he added four-star center Kevin Samuel in the early signing period a year ago.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article183566611.html

Casey T

Before JD, we had only ever signed 1 four-star in TCU history. He arrives and in his first class he signs 2. Now in his second class he is adding 3 more. By my calculations, he has signed 5x more four-stars than TCU has in its history... in only two classes.

CountryFrog

This recruiting stuff matters a lot more in basketball than football imo. You only have 5 guys on the floor at a time and they're playing both offense and defense so individual talent has a much higher impact on basketball games than football games as football is the ultimate team sport.

Beyond that, it's much easier to identify basketball talents at a young age. Some guys who don't go all out on the AAU circuit may slip through the cracks, but generally speaking, someone who is 6'6" and super athletic is going to get found. High level basketball talents just stand out so much more than just about any other athlete in other sports.

**Disclaimer: I am NOT suggesting recruiting doesn't matter in football. It clearly does. There are just a lot more factors that go into the making of a good football team than raw individual athleticism.**

Purp

Before JD, we had only ever signed 1 four-star in TCU history. He arrives and in his first class he signs 2. Now in his second class he is adding 3 more. By my calculations, he has signed 5x more four-stars than TCU has in its history... in only two classes.
Those are advanced calcs.