• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Leap in CFP rankings puts Frogs in strong, but vulnerable, position

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Lone Frog

The best we can do by ourselves, I think, is to move to #5 if we should win on Saturday. We'll need one or more of the top four to lose this weekend to move into the bracket.

TCUFROG1998

The best we can do by ourselves, I think, is to move to #5 if we should win on Saturday. We'll need one or more of the top four to lose this weekend to move into the bracket.

The only way we have a chance to move into the top 4 is if Georgia loses. The winner of the ND/Miami game will be in the top 4 either way.

WhatTheFrog

This weekend's bracket doesn't really matter. If we happen to beat 0U this weekend and everyone else above us wins, we may move to 5 or 4. There is a ND-MIA game and UGAg-Ala are on a collision course, right? One of the teams ahead are destined to lose. It all depends on the biases of the CFP members at that point.

TCU has to win this weekend, or it's all moot. Captain Obvious, I know. It all comes down to that last CFP ranking. We'll see what happens.

CFP power brokers are likely working diligently to conceive some type of scenario that would disqualify

the Frogs should they become eligible...aka...'The Fix'

Sebastian S

FSU is a VERY talented team with nothing to play for except ruining Clemson’s season...I’d be scared of them playing in their “super bowl”
Like our game against Baylor?

ND's spot right now goes to the winner of the ND-Miami game.

Clemson's spot right now goes to the winner of the TCU-OU game.

Alabama and Georgia are currently taking up 2 spots and will merge to 1 when they play each other... that's Clemson's spot to jump back into.

WhatTheFrog

LOL Still complaining about 2014.

Mmm, nope. Just referring to a "point of consideration" that I've seen recently that gives the benefit of the doubt to a team that has more national championships by the CFP panel. Yes, I would think that 2014 qualifies, but Clemson would qualify as well. They weren't in the picture in 2014, but it is what it is.

BTW, I will always say that the 2014 TCU team would have beaten any of the playoff teams that year, given the chance.

Sebastian S

Did they really mention they gave preference to a team because they had a lot of championships?

When?

Pretty sure undefeated Miami has more championships and more recent than TCU yet we are ahead of them with 1 loss.