• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Leader of TCU interfraternity group arrested

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Just giving yall a hard time. None of that bothers me at all. Of course we had some idiots, all frats do. Yeah we were never on probation while I was in school. Had heard they had been on probation lately though.

michaelperrytcu

19 y.o.: "Can I join the Marines?"

Society: "Yes, and thank you for your service."

19 y.o.: "Can I have a beer?"

Society: "Absolutely not! You don't have the necessary judgment to be allowed that!"

19 y.o.: "Can I buy all sorts of assault rifles?"

Society: "Does the Pope wear funny hats? Knock yourself out at cheaperthandirt. You can see all their bargain guns in the sports section."

19yo: "Can I have a glass of wine with my meal?"

Society: "You can't be trusted with an intoxicant like wine."

19 y.o.: "Does that make sense?"

Society: "It doesn't have to make sense. Lawmakers are drunk and high when they pass these laws. The only reason they run for office is to get out of small town backwaters so they can party away from the crystal meth and the church ladies."
Not to take away from your point, which I completely agree with, but anyone serving in the military can drink on base.

michaelperrytcu

Can they? I thought it was more complicated than that.
I just looked into it a little bit. My apologies, I was completely off. I'm not sure exactly why I thought that so I shouldn't have said anything, but it looks like it is 21. If the base is in a country where the drinking age is lower, the boss man has the option to lower the drinking age on base.

Man, that's really very angering. This whole time I never got too worked up about it because I thought they could drink on base, but its pretty terrible to think all of the young men who lost their lives in the Middle East and weren't even allowed to drink.

ChrisGidden

Man I was wondering with the couple of threads lately about the fraternities if my old fraternity was ever going to come up. SuperToad and Bonner hate me and think I am a doosh.

:eek:hmy:

You're not a doosh. However, all fraternity members are major dooshes until they grow up & realize the extreme dooshness of being between 18-21 year old members of doosh fraternities. I say this as a former doosh of one of the aforementioned doosh fraternities. Every now & then I get an application for a Sigma Chi Visa card. Always puts somewhat of a damper on my day as I reflect on how important being a frat guy was to me all the while not seeing (or choosing not to see) the level of dooshness I was so willfully partaking in. Embarrassing, actually, in hindsight.

bumblebeetuna

TCU is fast becoming Abilene Christian. For such minor offenses that occur at every campus accross the country (Sans BYU), TCU and FWPD have really started turning the school and the administration into something that should be feared instead of respected. I wonder when they will have a campus curfew added? Next thing we know campus will be sending employees to the bars to spot for underage drinkers.

It appears to me the city, via FWPD, wants to shoot the goose that laid the golden egg for them. Looks like the football team isn't the only entity with entitlement issues.

You're not a doosh. However, all fraternity members are major dooshes until they grow up & realize the extreme dooshness of being between 18-21 year old members of doosh fraternities. I say this as a former doosh of one of the aforementioned doosh fraternities. Every now & then I get an application for a Sigma Chi Visa card. Always puts somewhat of a damper on my day as I reflect on how important being a frat guy was to me all the while not seeing (or choosing not to see) the level of dooshness I was so willfully partaking in. Embarrassing, actually, in hindsight.

+1 There a lot of folks who never grow up though.

cdsfrog

Agreed, ACU is a school many kids shun due to it's strict rules. Hopefully that doesn't happen at TCU

Granted ACU is run by the church and is a real religious school......

Hopefully everything will die down in a couple months

BelushiBob

TCU is fast becoming Abilene Christian. For such minor offenses that occur at every campus accross the country (Sans BYU), TCU and FWPD have really started turning the school and the administration into something that should be feared instead of respected. I wonder when they will have a campus curfew added? Next thing we know campus will be sending employees to the bars to spot for underage drinkers.

It appears to me the city, via FWPD, wants to shoot the goose that laid the golden egg for them. Looks like the football team isn't the only entity with entitlement issues.
There were 18 student dealers aledgedly. Not outside guys or girls; but people that were in 8:00 am classes, apparently at frat parties, at the main. They are worried about drug related violence. And yes I believe targeting the team was horsespit. But besides that I get it.

Westsider

I'm sick of it. For a week every thread has been whining about one thing or another. Look at you guys. What are you gonna do the rest of your lives? Mope around and cry about everything that's gone wrong the last two weeks? Or are you gonna pick yourself up and take back your school? Get up, damnit.

TOGA!!!! TOGA!!!! Saturday night. 11 pm. Commons. Be there.

Mr. Big

Because you know FWPD put this image out for the person of interest:

cartman-blowtorch.jpg

This is Austin Carpenter! I'm sure of it. And I recognize the blow torch...

JugbandFrog

Man, I think about all the weekends I spent chasing students down the street with a blow torch. Never got caught, not even once.

And to think about how often it occurs- every weekend. Unlucky this dude was last weekend, no doubt.
All I know is that my old, now dead, Frat at TCU (LKK, the first mex frat) did a ton of crazy crap. I look back on it and lucky is a good word for it.

Hell, I did a lot of crazy crap on my own. I remember winning one of the Outstanding Student Leadership Awards and deciding to throw a kegger to celebrate...in my Milton Daniel dorm room. It got busted, and I didn't get into any real trouble. A certain school official joked about it the next morning with me.

I was plenty lucky, but I don't know if I would have been so dumb when the light is shining on the school.

JugbandFrog

I'm sick of it. For a week every thread has been whining about one thing or another. Look at you guys. What are you gonna do the rest of your lives? Mope around and cry about everything that's gone wrong the last two weeks? Or are you gonna pick yourself up and take back your school? Get up, damnit.

TOGA!!!! TOGA!!!! Saturday night. 11 pm. Commons. Be there.

Hell yeah!!!! When u get burned, don't pull back. Jump in the fire! Wooooooooooooo!!! Party nikked

frogs9497

I was plenty lucky, but I don't know if I would have been so dumb when the light is shining on the school.

Jug- you hit the nail on the head here. With or without media and police scrutiny, if you're chasing a student down the street with a blow torch (or whatever), you're lucky if you don't go to jail. Whatever occurred obviously drew attention.

My Buddy Steve

Jug- you hit the nail on the head here. With or without media and police scrutiny, if you're chasing a student down the street with a blow torch (or whatever), you're lucky if you don't go to jail. Whatever occurred obviously drew attention.

I just keep thinking. Every misdemeanor on your record that is not traffic related you are asked to disclose with just about every application for employment or graduate school or state licenses. I dont know how you explain the blow torch stuff.

"I was at a party, it was dark..... and/or my lighter for my cigarette was broke"

TrueFrog2014

I just keep thinking. Every misdemeanor on your record that is not traffic related you are asked to disclose with just about every application for employment or graduate school or state licenses. I dont know how you explain the blow torch stuff.

"I was at a party, it was dark..... and/or my lighter for my cigarette was broke"

Y'all are ridiculous, you are acting like the guy was chasing after some random person trying to burn them alive. He was just running around with the blow torch messing around with one of his buddies. It was not a malicious event. Everyone on this board needs to remember that we are college kids, you lived this life once before as well.

ethate

First off it wasn't a party it was a small get together of like 14 people consisting of and their girlfriends. They were having a bon fire and as a joke one kid was chasing another with a stick that was on fire. The neighbor saw this and mistook it for a blow torch. The only reason they got in trouble is because the mishap with the drug bust by bringing in the wrong guy and now the cops are being super strict.

My Buddy Steve

Y'all are ridiculous, you are acting like the guy was chasing after some random person trying to burn them alive. He was just running around with the blow torch messing around with one of his buddies. It was not a malicious event. Everyone on this board needs to remember that we are college kids, you lived this life once before as well.

the thought was entertaining to me .... but here is what that section looks like

Have you ever been charged with a misdemeanor other than a traffic offense?
Please explain otherwise mark N/A
(Insert small box to write your answer here)

Notice is says "charged"?

JugbandFrog

Why buy a house in that area?! When I lived behind Fuzzy's on Cockrell, two houses were sold into a pretty well-known party street. Why would you buy a house there if you knew what was going on there, or at least not have some inkling of the kinds of things you are gonna have to put up with? Geez people.

This reminds me of that church that put up a church next to a strip club and started harassing the club and it's patrons. It also reminds me of this bar that opened up too close to a school and a church and they are whining about the city pulling it's temporary zoning. Be smart people.