• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How TCU and Patterson set up Shawn Robinson for success in first start

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How TCU and Patterson set up Shawn Robinson for success in first start

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

Missing six starters, including quarterback Kenny Hill, TCU was right not to know what to expect Saturday in Lubbock.

But there was one thing Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson knew. Win or lose, he wasn’t going to judge Shawn Robinson’s future based on what happened over the course of three and a half hours against Texas Tech.

“That was the one thing that was not going to happen today,” Patterson said. “Shawn Robinson was not going to lose his confidence where he couldn’t play for the next three years. So no matter how this turned out, I was going to protect him as far as what I was going to say, how we were going to handle him and what we were going to do.”

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article185548138.html

Pharm Frog

Ridwan available for Baylor?

Pretty sure he was shaken up after that big hit on an incompletion intended for a TE or some very large-bodied receiver. And I'm glad to see Snell get some props for his runs. I felt at the time that those were pretty important plays to rest Hicks and pick up some tough positive yardage.