• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Horned Frogs soar to No. 14, one spot off highest ranking ever in basketball

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Horned Frogs soar to No. 14, one spot off highest ranking ever in basketball

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

TCU edged closer to its highest ranking ever in men's basketball, climbing six spots to No. 14 in the AP Top 25 released Monday, one spot shy of its all-time high.

The Horned Frogs, undefeated through 10 games, have not been this high since March 6, 1998, when they were No. 15. Their all-time high is No. 13 on Feb. 23, 1998.

TCU is coming off victories against SMU and then-No. 22 Nevada last week, pushing its nation-leading winning streak to 15, counting last year's five-game run to the NIT championship.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article189150724.html

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I was positive we hit the Top 10 during the 2007-2008 season, did we not??

And I think that team was slightly better then this one...
Surely you mean 97/98 right? I want to say the highest I remember from that year was about 14. The voters and coaches always had us a little lower than our record might indicate simply because they considered the Tubbs teams to be a little gimmicky. All this is dependent on me recalling correctly, which is often in doubt.