• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Here’s the latest on TCU star freshman R.J. Nembhard

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Here’s the latest on TCU star freshman R.J. Nembhard

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

TCU freshman guard R.J. Nembhard is back practicing with the team after dealing with an ankle injury. He’s practiced with the team the past two days.

Nembhard hasn’t played in a month while battling minor knee and ankle injuries. The season-ending injury to guard Jaylen Fisher has made a redshirt season unlikely for Nembhard, a top recruit from Keller High School.

But he’s only played in six games, the last coming Dec. 22 against William & Mary. As of now, Nembhard could still redshirt the season if he didn’t play in another game.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article196661674.html

PO Frog

Are they talking about a medical waiver? If so, they are jeopardizing it by making it out like it's a choice on whether or not to bring him back. To get a medical waiver, your injury must keep you out for the remainder of the season. If we keep him out due to roster considerations as opposed to the fact that he's not ready yet, I don't think he will get a waiver. Signals to me that they have already decided and he's going to play.Dumb to talk about this stuff publicly.

Double V

Are they talking about a medical waiver? If so, they are jeopardizing it by making it out like it's a choice on whether or not to bring him back. To get a medical waiver, your injury must keep you out for the remainder of the season. If we keep him out due to roster considerations as opposed to the fact that he's not ready yet, I don't think he will get a waiver. Signals to me that they have already decided and he's going to play.Dumb to talk about this stuff publicly.
Pretty easy to claim he regressed or re-injured something, if needed...

Purp

Pretty sure they aren't talking about a medical waiver. The article describes that he is allowed to redshirt under NCAA rules if he has played in fewer than 30% of the team's games for the year AND if none of the games he's played in are after the midway point of the season. At this point he would still qualify for a redshirt, but if he plays in a game after now he'll be disqualified under the mid-season part of the rule.

PO Frog

Pretty sure they aren't talking about a medical waiver. The article describes that he is allowed to redshirt under NCAA rules if he has played in fewer than 30% of the team's games for the year AND if none of the games he's played in are after the midway point of the season. At this point he would still qualify for a redshirt, but if he plays in a game after now he'll be disqualified under the mid-season part of the rule.
Consider the source.
Those are the medical waiver restrictions with regard to first half and percentage of games. Otherwise it’s the same as any other redshirt restriction—you can’t participate AT ALL.

Purp

Consider the source.
Those are the medical waiver restrictions with regard to first half and percentage of games. Otherwise it’s the same as any other redshirt restriction—you can’t participate AT ALL.
Fair point on the source.

froggrad08

A Robs final season. Sure he is energized to finish strong for the team. I also have to admit it was nice to see Olden start landing some shots. When he’s on..he’s a major threat from behind the arc. Was quite impressive.

Purp

A Robs final season. Sure he is energized to finish strong for the team. I also have to admit it was nice to see Olden start landing some shots. When he’s on..he’s a major threat from behind the arc. Was quite impressive.
ARob is a junior isn't he?