• The KillerFrogs

FWST: HBO Real Sports piece on TCU won't be a good look... for the school or Gary Patterson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
HBO Real Sports piece on TCU won't be a good look... for the school or Gary Patterson

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

Since former TCU wide receiver Kolby Listenbee filed his lawsuit against TCU, Frogs head football coach Gary Patterson and the Big 12 Conference on Jan. 31, the school had avoided any major national story that could potentially make this cash-grab look bad for the defendants.

Not any more.

HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, one of the most respected names in sports journalism, opened its wallet to do a story on Listenbee's case. It will air April 24 at 9 p.m.

TCU may have to sweat this one. This won't be a good look.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article209632614.html

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I guess that I don’t understand why it is suddenly so vital that TCU must have its own in-house staff of physicians and why that makes any difference

Sebastian S

Listenbee, what a tool.

How can anyone in the football community even respect this guy. He should lose "street cred"

People who put blood, sweat and tears into this game and he complains about getting too much playing time?

He feels entitled enough to think that he was that great a player, especially in his class that included Boykin and Doctson, who were also injured at some point.

P.S.
I do enjoy real sports and HBO when I subscribe to it but there are not very many shows to make it worth while. Netflix is taking over the world anyway.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
As bad as Muck paints the picture, he still throws out the very big hurdle KL will have to get over regardless of how well his lawyer coaches him-TCU on cross-“Mr Listenbee, we all understand the bad man at TCU used to raise his voice and used big boy language that insulted your virgin ears, but yes or no-did you or didn’t you run the fastest 40 time at the Combine and didn’t this occur after the mean people at TCU chained you down and forced you to do their will? “

“Your honor forgive my sarcasm, it is difficult to take this case seriously...”

Wexahu

As bad as Muck paints the picture, he still throws out the very big hurdle KL will have to get over regardless of how well his lawyer coaches him-TCU on cross-“Mr Listenbee, we all understand the bad man at TCU used raised his voice and used big boy language that insulted your virgin ears, but yes or no-did you or didn’t you run the fastest 40 time at the Combine and didn’t this occur after the mean people at TCU chained you down and forced you to do their will? “

“Your honor forgive my sarcasm, it is difficult to take this case seriously...”

It's just a ridiculous case in about every way you look at it. I have a strong, strong, strong dislike for personal injury attorneys and crap like this isn't helping me change my mind.

Froginbedford

As much as we all see the faulty logic employed by the player and his attorneys, the climate today throughout the nation is that authority and authority figures and institutions are antidemocratic, flawed, outdated, and oppressive....The reputation of the university and its athletic department and employees will take a major hit, no matter what the defense will be able to show in court....

tcudoc

As much as we all see the faulty logic employed by the player and his attorneys, the climate today throughout the nation is that authority and authority figures and institutions are antidemocratic, flawed, outdated, and oppressive....The reputation of the university and its athletic department and employees will take a major hit, no matter what the defense will be able to show in court....
Because most people only read the headlines and don't bother to learn the facts in a case.

Zubaz

It'll be a PR hit when the thing airs. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Gumble is respected and Real Sports has a good reputation. Listenbee will tell his side, and it won't sound great to anyone but TCU fans. I would imagine the school's position will be "We aren't going to commaent on ongoing litigation".

That said, I doubt it will end up being major once all of the facts come out and the thing goes away.

Sebastian S

I know TCU and Patterson's image will take a hit, that's what makes this so disappointing.

Dragging people and an organization through the mud not matter the merit of the accusations.