• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Former athletics boss Chris Del Conte leaves TCU with impressive legacy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Former athletics boss Chris Del Conte leaves TCU with impressive legacy

BY CARLOS MENDEZ
cmendez@star-telegram.com

Chris Del Conte’s legacy after nine years at TCU comes down to fundraising, hiring coaches and building relationships.

Those qualities no doubt spurred Texas in its quest to attract the Horned Frogs’ top athletic official.

Here’s a look at Del Conte’s accomplishments while serving as athletic director from 2009 to 2017 — in no particular order.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article189081904.html

Limp Lizard

I kinda think the money-raising skills may be wasted at UT which seems to be drowning in cash. CDC can probably help unify factions at UT. If anyone can, it should be him.

froginaustin

I kinda think the money-raising skills may be wasted at UT which seems to be drowning in cash. CDC can probably help unify factions at UT. If anyone can, it should be him.

A big negatory on money-raising skills being wasted at UTx. UTx NEVER has enough cash, even when they aren't talking about tearing down a multi-multi-multi million dollar (very expensive tear-down) basketball practice facility so that they can expand the south end zone of DKR stadium with new lux boxes, and then replacing that practice facility. Not to mention they are planning to replace the Erwin Center with a dedicated basketball building that is expected to cost upwards of $250 million (not counting land cost).

Never too thin or too rich-- that's UTx (and every other university I can think of, come to think of it).

In the extremely unlikely event that CDC doesn't move that fund raising (and doubtless other projects) forward, he won't last long in the job.

I expect him to do well at UTx, but best of luck to him anyway.