• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Del Conte, “I didn’t want that regret”

HToady

It means CGP’s, CJD’s, & CJS’s buyouts are now $0. In other words, if any of the 3 want to go, there is no amount due by them or their new school to TCU for breaking the contract. There were clauses in each that said if CDC left, those buyouts disappeared.

That's about the dumbest assumption I have ever heard. Coaches contracts are with the University. The actions of any other employee are immaterial. What if he had died of a heart attack? Does that mean the buyouts go to $0?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Rice isn't in a power conference, so their position was never threatened. They didn'y really need his friendship after he left there.

The point is, he wasn’t a vocal advocate for Rice either, nor do I expect him to worry about anything but UT. Which of course is his job. Though, I certainly wouldn’t expect him to go out of his way to help TCU either, unless it benefits Texas.

Tumbleweed

I for one appreciate what Chris has done for TCU and wish ne and his family the best. I think it came down to a new challenge and possibly he felt a little stale.

TCU has come to the right decision and JDon will do well for TCU. His background in sports is unbelievable. Secondly, Gary, Jim, and Jamie are very comfortable with him and that is what makes this all possible. As long as I can recall, TCU has made quite a few good personnel decisions and that is not easy to do on a consistent basis.

Everytime I say the future is thundersley bright for TCU, it just keeps getting brighter and brighter. I'm very proud of this school and I know you are too.

Sebastian S

giphy.gif

MTfrog5

Little does he know, politics is what the entire Texas athletic department is. I think he’s a perfect hire for them and will piss off many people along the way. Texas fans won’t like it but there is a reason why they have sucked for so long

Latest posts