• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Del Conte, “I didn’t want that regret”

ATXFrog

So many mixed feelings on this move by CDC. His move to a rival UT means that I do wish him regret and hope his future career is as successful as Fran's was after he left. CDC served us well and I'm thankful but we have the pieces in place to seize even more of the limelight we have already gained. Let's make him regret his move and win the whole damn thing in Basketball, then Baseball, then Football. We have the coaches and talent to do so in each sport.

I don’t think anybody is trying to make a case for the idea that CDC will “fight” for TCU or guarantee us inclusion when expansion/realignment happens again. It’s simply being pointed out that it could benefit us to have the AD at UT be a friend of TCU. If you choose to believe there is no benefit to that it’s fine with me.

I'll accept that he could be a benefit to TCU. But like all politicians they only say and do what helps them get re-elected.

How long ago did CDC say he would stay at TCU as long as TCU would have him?

netty2424

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

TCUdirtbag

Can someone explain this?

It means CGP’s, CJD’s, & CJS’s buyouts are now $0. In other words, if any of the 3 want to go, there is no amount due by them or their new school to TCU for breaking the contract. There were clauses in each that said if CDC left, those buyouts disappeared.

The media and twittersphere will act like that matters, but the truth is the buyouts weren’t keeping any of those 3 here if they decided it was time for a new challenge. Their buyouts were low (in fact IIRC CGP’s has basically been zero for a long time). Buyouts are fairly meaningless, and TCU has had the attitude that you don’t keep a coach by making it too expensive to leave, you keep a coach by making them want to stay.

froginaustin

It’s entertaining that some think CDC can drag Patterson, Dixon, or Schlossnagle to Austin, at least before another round of coaching disappointments.

I am 99% sure UTx went after Schlossnagle hard before they hired Coach Pearce. Less sure they went after Coach Patterson, but still about 90% sure inquiries were made. Dixon was trailing off at Pitt, so I doubt they chased him when they hired Shaka. If CJD wants to leave TCU for another large school with a large, unrealistic fan base, God speed to him.

Maybe in a few years one of TCU’s big 3 will be bored, and successful enough in those years that UTx will notice.