• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Being a season-ticket holder might not guarantee a seat at TCU football games this fall

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Being a season-ticket holder might not guarantee a seat at TCU football games this fall

By Drew Davison

TCU has approximately 30,000 season-ticket holders for football games at 46,000-seat Amon G. Carter Stadium.

If capacity for fall sporting events is limited anywhere from 25% to 50% at venues to limit mass gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic, it would mean difficult decisions are on the horizon for the TCU athletic department with how to distribute tickets fairly among season-ticket holders and even students.

If capacity is limited to 25% (11,500), more than 60% of season-ticket holders couldn’t attend games. Even at 50% (23,000), a significant number would be left out. Given that, it seems unlikely that TCU would even be able to offer single-game tickets with a limited capacity leaving season-ticket holders out.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article243038686.html#storylink=cpy

Atomic Frawg

The only thing I was looking for regarding season tickets.

"Option 1: Apply credit to the next season for the canceled sport

Option 2: Apply credit to the Frog Club for additional priority points and donation credit

Option 3: Refund season-ticket holder account

TCU’s season-ticket renewal deadline is Monday. The school is offering a couple different payment plans for fans to use."

Last edited:
The thing I hope I don't see is paying full price and they make it so you only can go to 2 games or limited number of games.

I can't read the article as I won't subscribe to FWST until Engle is not part of the paper.

LSU Game Attendee

Or how many season ticket holders have extra tickets that are solely for reselling on stubhub.
How many +4 club lizards are there?
tenor.gif

DeuceBoogieNights

The best suggestions I've seen is to just make people sign some kind of waiver that says the venue can't guarantee that you won't catch covid and you enter at your own risk. Problem solved. If people want to go let them, if they want to watch at home, that's cool too, but the theatrics are ridiculous.

The Bad Guy

The best suggestions I've seen is to just make people sign some kind of waiver that says the venue can't guarantee that you won't catch covid and you enter at your own risk. Problem solved. If people want to go let them, if they want to watch at home, that's cool too, but the theatrics are ridiculous.

Agreed, people in society need to make their own decisions and be responsible for their own health concerns.

tcumaniac

Agreed, but according to this tweet from ADJD, it sounds like these potential limitations are being discussed more out of anticipation of forced regulations from the state, versus voluntary social distancing measures. If the state or city doesn't implement any forced limits, I'm hopeful your suggestion is exactly what happens.

Dogfrog

I’ll start. At 50%,

This affects non-club seats only.
One ticket accounts get one
Two tickets gets two
Three tickets gets two
Four tickets get two
Five tickets gets two
Six tickets gets three
Seven tickets gets three
Eight gets four
Nine gets four
10+ gets five. Five max per account, even if you have 100.

Full Refund for each reduced ticket. Giving those with two tickets their full allotment so they don’t have to go to games alone.

Fire away.

HFrog1999

IMO, MLB is really screwing the country over. They should be the first to play in open air stadiums. They could start adding fans in 2 week intervals. Then they could have full attendance by August.

Honestly, TCU football isn’t my first concern. I want to be able to see my sons play football.

Dr. Coach Haus

Just think if we are at 25% or even 50%, would the lower priority points be moved to seats that are not theirs? If they do now want people sitting next to each other, then how will they do that?

Club people will be packed in.

It makes this interesting.

WhatTheFrog

I’ll start. At 50%,

This affects non-club seats only.
One ticket accounts get one
Two tickets gets two
Three tickets gets two
Four tickets get two
Five tickets gets two
Six tickets gets three
Seven tickets gets three
Eight gets four
Nine gets four
10+ gets five. Five max per account, even if you have 100.

Full Refund for each reduced ticket. Giving those with two tickets their full allotment so they don’t have to go to games alone.

Fire away.
I'm a 7 ticket holder. For me, it's basically all or nothing. I'll have a guaranteed 5 every game if not the full 7. I'd be willing to sit out the entire season for all seats rather than use a limited number of my seats or attend a limited number of games, but it would be nice if the athletics department did SOMETHING to recognize my willingness to be accommodating. Some token gesture would likely suffice, depending on the level of token. "Hey, thanks!" would suck.

OR...they can do whatever the hell they want and I can play ball or go home. I think this is the likely scenario.