• The KillerFrogs

FWST: After slow start, TCU runs Oklahoma State off the court

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
After slow start, TCU runs Oklahoma State off the court

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

The way it started, TCU had to laugh to keep from crying. But by the time the Horned Frogs finished off Oklahoma State Saturday night at Schollmaier Arena, they were laughing for all the right reasons.

The Frogs' convincing 90-70 win over the Cowboys did not start out that way. In fact, it looked like Oklahoma State was going to run TCU (18-9, 6-8 in the Big 12) off the court.

The Cowboys (15-2, 5-9) led 9-0 and 14-2 as the Frogs started the game missing their first eight shots.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article200764034.html

froglash88

The Cowboys (15-2, 5-9) led 9-0 and 14-2 as the Frogs started the game missing their first eight shots.

Didn’t know that OSU only played 3 out of conference games

Limp Lizard

Gotta win at ISU. Every time we beat them they call it their worst game of the year. Gotta give them another "worst game" after beating them by 23 earlier this year. Even a GP-esque 1-point win is fine by me.

Gunner

Only the Big 12 could mask a probably best ever team at TCU. The 12 is just a waiting disaster for a new coach with a new plan.

This TCU team is most assuredly the best shooting team ever in Fort Worth. People in the TV sports arena are talking more and more about TCU's top 8 people, all that can shoot. After watching the last 50 years or so, I believe that.

Froggy Style

If we can just make it past the Big 12 refs and into the tournament, our team may have another big run in store. I think these whistle happy refs keep the momentum to a minimum when that is what we thrive on. Instead, we get a foul each and every time down the court. ISU big, but Baylor and KSU bigger. Get your tickets now!

BleedNPurple

B12 refs do seem to be amongst the worst. You’d swear they work for sec/ Acc. Would be better to just let teams play “NBA “ Final tackle basketball. Does our conference head of officiating ever look at this charade?

Limp Lizard

Only the Big 12 could mask a probably best ever team at TCU. The 12 is just a waiting disaster for a new coach with a new plan.

This TCU team is most assuredly the best shooting team ever in Fort Worth. People in the TV sports arena are talking more and more about TCU's top 8 people, all that can shoot. After watching the last 50 years or so, I believe that.
If one guy is cold two or three or four others will be hot. Consistently a great shooting team. Inside and out.
However Malcom Johnson in 96-97 and 97-98, when he got hot, was incredible. Someone would come out to contest the 3, MJ would just back up a few more steps and make it. Way, way back from the three-point line when he got really hot. But he had some real cold games, too.