• The KillerFrogs

Frogs pursuing the NFL.....

Chico Dusty

All Texada has to do is go to the combine and run a 4.3. He will be measured on speed, not his size. There is always room in the game for speed. And he is very capable of running a 4.3. The NFL want guys who can cover and he won that battle in college.

I brought that up because ppl compared his size to JV. Tex is listed as 161 lbs. 4.3 or not, that’s too small

LexiMax

Hicks is a great kid but I think he has a real uphill battle to make the NFL. Just doesn’t have the quickness or explosiveness at his size IMO. I hope he proves me wrong.
He looks like 21 on the Vikings!! Maybe I am just looking through rose colored glasses.

Punter1

RT is definitely a lot a leaner then Honey Badger and JV. But RT benches over 300 so the dude is very strong.

But the above poster is right...it will be all about his 40 time. He has shown the skills, now he needs to show the speed. Bad corners that run in the 4.3s will get drafted way above All- Conf corners in the 4.5s.

LexiMax

RT is definitely a lot a leaner then Honey Badger and JV. But RT benches over 300 so the dude is very strong.

But the above poster is right...it will be all about his 40 time. He has shown the skills, now he needs to show the speed. Bad corners that run in the 4.3s will get drafted way above All- Conf corners in the 4.5s.
He isn’t invited to the Combine unless you know different. He will need to sprout wings at pro day.

East Coast

Tier 1
Does Ranthony even want to play at the next level? Don’t judge Hicks too much on this year, as he played hurt all year. If he has gotten healthy, he could surprise at the combine. Howard will have to play safety in the NFL. Is he fast enough and can he cover TE’s?

LexiMax

Does Ranthony even want to play at the next level? Don’t judge Hicks too much on this year, as he played hurt all year. If he has gotten healthy, he could surprise at the combine. Howard will have to play safety in the NFL. Is he fast enough and can he cover TE’s?
Great point! I really think Hicks will do well. Also, I think Noteboom will be real good. Just read a scouting report from NDK Scouting. Very positive. Some mocks have him going as high as second round.

Wexahu

There are 32 GMs and scouting groups studying every play of every one of these guys, and there are some players who are better than we think they are and some who are worse. Stats and accolades are one thing but really breaking down the player is another, these guys are wrong sometimes but they do a pretty good job of figuring out who can play at the next level. I can assure you there is no agenda whatsoever for or against certain teams.

frog-hat

I think Howard will put up Derrick Kindred type numbers at TCU Pro day. That should get some interest

TX_Krötenechse

All Texada has to do is go to the combine and run a 4.3. He will be measured on speed, not his size. There is always room in the game for speed. And he is very capable of running a 4.3. The NFL want guys who can cover and he won that battle in college.
I don’t think Texada will run anything close to a 4.3. He’s fast, but I do not think he is that fast.

Wexahu

I don’t think Texada will run anything close to a 4.3. He’s fast, but I do not think he is that fast.

I doubt it too. Maybe 2 or 3 guys at the entire combine will run a 4.34 or better. The number of guys who "run a 4.4" and the number of guys who run an electronically timed actual 4.4 are very different.

Sockem

Is a 4.42 in the middle of spring practice close to 4.3? LOL. It's strange how little we know about the quiet kid who did his job week in and week-out. The kid who Baker Mayfieild only targeted twice in two games. Now he has a few months to train and get ready for PRO Day. So the potential is there. Let's not forget, it was a 4.3 that got him the TCU offer. But who knows, nothing in the NFL world is an exact science. None of us know what will happen until the draft. These kids, all of them have potential and will write their own story into the NFL or out into corporate America.

Chico Dusty

Is a 4.42 in the middle of spring practice close to 4.3? LOL. It's strange how little we know about the quiet kid who did his job week in and week-out. The kid who Baker Mayfieild only targeted twice in two games. Now he has a few months to train and get ready for PRO Day. So the potential is there. Let's not forget, it was a 4.3 that got him the TCU offer. But who knows, nothing in the NFL world is an exact science. None of us know what will happen until the draft. These kids, all of them have potential and will write their own story into the NFL or out into corporate America.

Your reaction is overblown to what ppl are saying. You’re acting as ppl are rooting against him. Tex was an incredible corner for the Frogs - no one is disputing that. We however, are saying that doesn’t always and more often than not, translate to success in the NFL - or even making it. He’s definitely fighting an uphill battle. I personally think he’s too small - but it doesn’t matter a lick what I say or think about it. Just my opinion.

Sockem

Your reaction is overblown to what ppl are saying. You’re acting as ppl are rooting against him. Tex was an incredible corner for the Frogs - no one is disputing that. We however, are saying that doesn’t always and more often than not, translate to success in the NFL - or even making it. He’s definitely fighting an uphill battle. I personally think he’s too small - but it doesn’t matter a lick what I say or think about it. Just my opinion.

Yo man, you have your opinions and I have mine. So you say what you think and I will say what I think. Don't say what a kid can run when you don't know a ___ thing about the kid. Saying a kid ís not a 4.3 kid when it was a 4.3 that got him an offer at a TCU camp, tells me you don't know the history of this kid. I respect your opinion - you argued size and disadvantages, and I argued production and potential. It's all good.

Chico Dusty

Yo man, you have your opinions and I have mine. So you say what you think and I will say what I think. Don't say what a kid can run when you don't know a ___ thing about the kid. Saying a kid ís not a 4.3 kid when it was a 4.3 that got him an offer at a TCU camp, tells me you don't know the history of this kid. I respect your opinion - you argued size and disadvantages, and I argued production and potential. It's all good.

You can say whatever you want - I never said you couldnt. You’re just acting as if ppl are bad mouthing him. Questioning if someone won’t make the league is not that. And I never said anything about his speed. Let’s see what he runs and let’s see if he makes the league. We can sync up when that happens.

purpleshades

Think about it. Bosen had one game with 5 sacks. Take that out and he had a ok season. I love Matt. Met him a couple of times and he was great to my son. Like one post before it is a numbers and size game now. Not All whatever teams. Hicks looks just like Lewis on the Patriots.
I could not disagree more. Boesen was a constant force all season. He was our most consistent defensive lineman all season / put constant pressure on the qb and was always making an impact on the game in some way (look at his tackle numbers and turn on some film!). Kid has an incredible motor, quick first step, plays with great leverage and has aweosme hands.

Sacks are partly skill, allot of teamwork and some luck. Boesen had games this year where he had just as much pressure as the Baylor game but didn’t put up the sack numbers cause either qb was getting the ball out quicker, others on the line weren’t pushing the pocket, etc...that Baylor game was a culmination of allot of hard work and to chalk it up as anything less than that is nieve! That dude lived in the backfield all season! If anything he had more qb pressures (forced QBs to escape the pocket) than any defensive lineman in the big12. Many of his pressures were undocumented. You’d just have to be watching the game to pick up on it.

He’ll go the long way to get there but he’ll make it. He’s just got “it”.

PO Frog

If RT really is 161 pounds, he would be the smallest player in the NFL on the defensive side of the ball. There are a few cornerbacks that are listed around 180, but I don't think you can make it in the league at 160 no matter how strong you are. F=MV. And if he needs to add 20 pounds to compete, it's not likely he will be running a 4.3. And I don't know the size numbers when comparing JV and RT, but I don't recall JV ever being physically overmatched his last year at TCU. Can't say the same for RT, despite his excellent play this season.

purpleshades

Here's the sad thing for TCU football:

Our best players - all on defense got All Star game and combine snubs: We should all be questioning why Travin Howard, Ranthony Texada, Nick Orr and Matt Boreson - and maybe John Diarse at a min didn't get either a All Star game invite or combine invite. TCU has had less productive players go in the past. Every last one of these guys are deserving. I wonder if recruits knew you could come to TCU, make 1st Team All Big 12, get All American mentions and could not get to an All Star game or combine invite as a reward. And even your fans buy into the hype that you are not worthy after having one of the top defense in the country. What's really sad is an offense that likely cost us a chance at the Big 12 is getting all the opportunities, while we act as if these defensive guys played no role in the Frogs success. Howard was All time leading tackler, Texada shut down one half of the field - the very reason why those DE were so good, when we didn't have Orr against OU for a half, we got destroyed and Boreson made several all American teams. All of these guys have NFL potential. It's probably not TCU's fault, but I doubt if you had these same type of players with the same level of production at a Texas or OU or any SEC or Big 12 school, they would be on the sideline looking while lesser talented players are getting NFL opportunities.

Sad but true. Very well put..especially the part about our own fans buying into that crap! It’s complete garbage that our guys can put up those kind of numbers, play their butts off and get no combine or post season all star game invites! We should be ashamed of that and there is zero excuse for it!

Someone fell asleep on the job or didn’t do their job! Boesen, Tajada, Orr and Howard should all have all star invites and at least two if those names should be combine invitees. Again, zero excuses for it and as a University we shouldn’t be ok with this!

Come to our University, work your tail off, be the best at what you do and then get zero respect/job prospects after you’re done playing here. That’d be like convincing someone to come get their mba at Stanford rather than Harvard and at the very end (after great internships/working your tail off in the classroom) and graduating #1 in your class you didn’t get a single job offer. Meanwhile all the other Stanford alum are like yea, that sounds about right...you graduated here at the top of your class - you shouldn’t get a job! You just got lucky that one internship! What a joke...

I for one am tired of our fanbase being ok with this treatment of our players as pro prospects and our university should take this seriously! If I were an opposing coach I’d be having a hayday with this! Sure, go to Tcu, be an all American and you won’t even get invited to a post season all star game...we should be embarrassed!

Someone should be seriously looking into this and no one should sleep until it’s fixed!

Chico Dusty

Sad but true. Very well put..especially the part about our own fans buying into that crap! It’s complete garbage that our guys can put up those kind of numbers, play their butts off and get no combine or post season all star game invites! We should be ashamed of that and there is zero excuse for it!

Someone fell asleep on the job or didn’t do their job! Boesen, Tajada, Orr and Howard should all have all star invites and at least two if those names should be combine invitees. Again, zero excuses for it and as a University we shouldn’t be ok with this!

Come to our University, work your tail off, be the best at what you do and then get zero respect/job prospects after you’re done playing here. That’d be like convincing someone to come get their mba at Stanford rather than Harvard and at the very end (after great internships/working your tail off in the classroom) and graduating #1 in your class you didn’t get a single job offer. Meanwhile all the other Stanford alum are like yea, that sounds about right...you graduated here at the top of your class - you shouldn’t get a job! You just got lucky that one internship! What a joke...

I for one am tired of our fanbase being ok with this treatment of our players as pro prospects and our university should take this seriously! If I were an opposing coach I’d be having a hayday with this! Sure, go to Tcu, be an all American and you won’t even get invited to a post season all star game...we should be embarrassed!

Someone should be seriously looking into this and no one should sleep until it’s fixed!

Who is Tajada?