• The KillerFrogs

Frogs pursuing the NFL.....

TRF51

No disrespect to JC but I’m not buying it. Your best WR and second leading pass catcher (behind Hicks) from 2016 doesn’t become your 10th best WR and 15th ranked pass catcher because all of a sudden literally everyone else got better than him. Hell, Kenny Hill was a more productive receiver than him this year.

Thank you, he was not an all world WR but he was probably better then Austin and sure could stretch the field a lot better. Not sure what he did but I don’t buy into the others guys we’re just better.

LexiMax

I have been told from a person about 3-4 people removed from TCU football that CGP was only involved with defense and kinda ignored the offense. That might carry over to pushing guys on the offense from getting their due. Even with the draft.

LexiMax

Can we get someone to corroborate this theory? First I’ve heard of this.
Kinda makes sense. Patterson is a great defensive coach and looked like he deferred to the offensive guys. I have watched from my seat during the game and he really didn't seemed to be involved with the offense. He would always go coach up the defensive guys on the bench. I always thought it was different but that is the way he coaches. Could be good and bad. Watch Bellichek. He acts like a CEO on the sidelines. Everyone is different. Patterson is a defensive guy.

PO Frog

Kinda makes sense. Patterson is a great defensive coach and looked like he deferred to the offensive guys. I have watched from my seat during the game and he really didn't seemed to be involved with the offense. He would always go coach up the defensive guys on the bench. I always thought it was different but that is the way he coaches. Could be good and bad. Watch Bellichek. He acts like a CEO on the sidelines. Everyone is different. Patterson is a defensive guy.
He was joking. Everyone knows this.

Sebastian S

Maybe he wants to get his degree?

Hard to leave and come back to get it.

A degree from Stanford is pretty valuable given his injuries and uncertainty of how long he can be a RB.

TX_Krötenechse

Definitely more to the story. I also think it may have come down to scheme as well. I just don’t think Kenny could push the ball down the field the way a receiver like Taj would require. The small shiftier slot received types just fit our system Better given who we had at qb....
I don’t really agree. Kenny doesn’t have the strongest arm in the world, but when he had time to set his feet he could really throw some bombs. I think the issue was that, aside from Reagor, we really didn’t have a receiver who could burn DBs and get open on a stretch route, and Kenny didn’t have the accuracy to throw a bomb into traffic

Sockem

Here's the sad thing for TCU football:

Our best players - all on defense got All Star game and combine snubs: We should all be questioning why Travin Howard, Ranthony Texada, Nick Orr and Matt Boreson - and maybe John Diarse at a min didn't get either a All Star game invite or combine invite. TCU has had less productive players go in the past. Every last one of these guys are deserving. I wonder if recruits knew you could come to TCU, make 1st Team All Big 12, get All American mentions and could not get to an All Star game or combine invite as a reward. And even your fans buy into the hype that you are not worthy after having one of the top defense in the country. What's really sad is an offense that likely cost us a chance at the Big 12 is getting all the opportunities, while we act as if these defensive guys played no role in the Frogs success. Howard was All time leading tackler, Texada shut down one half of the field - the very reason why those DE were so good, when we didn't have Orr against OU for a half, we got destroyed and Boreson made several all American teams. All of these guys have NFL potential. It's probably not TCU's fault, but I doubt if you had these same type of players with the same level of production at a Texas or OU or any SEC or Big 12 school, they would be on the sideline looking while lesser talented players are getting NFL opportunities.