• The KillerFrogs

Frogs need to blow out OU

FrogLifeYo

I have a feeling in the rematch that we simply force Baker to beat us with his arm..We played the run about as poorly as we have all season. While that idiot can certainly sling it, KU had some success selling out to stop the run. You got to figure out how to solve that OU offensive line or we'll get drilled again. Baker didnt beat us, their O-Line dominated us.

FrogLifeYo

Not to mention they saw our game last week. Though our D did a great job, Tech still had more 1st downs and offensive yards than the Frogs. Thanks to Gladney, it could have easily been 17-14 with 4 1/2 minutes left.... instead of 24-7. This did not get by the committee, with or without a Fr 1st time starting QB.
They had almost 20 more offensive plays than we did..

Virginia Frog

I frankly don’t care about the playoffs anymore, all I want is:
1. Beat Baylor
2. Whoop OU just for revenge and because Mayfield
3. Send the seniors out with a bang with a good bowl win, hopefully against a big name school
4. Enjoy TCU basketball
My view:

3. Send the seniors out with a bang with a good bowl (NY6) with a good win (big score O, low score D), hopefully against a big name school

Virginia Frog

It needs to go to 6 or 8 teams. I can honestly see them leaving us out if we win a close game against OU since they beat us by more the first time which the justifies Ohio State getting in when they beat Wisconsin
It's not impossible that this TCU squad could make it "in." A perfect storm is a must, but it's unlikely.

All assuming TCU beats OU on Dec 3.
1) SEC - 1 team only. AU loses big to UA, and UA takes down Georgia by let's say 10 points or more.
2) ACC - 1 team UMiami is defeated by Clemson. (That "U" business never made any since to me!) I say that because this committee, I believe would NOT put "in" 2 ACC'ers. The danger is that if UMiami gets the W btwn the two and is undefeated we run the risk of another FlaSt'14 scenario where a 11-2 Clemson gets extracredit as the defending Natl Champs.
3) Big 10- 1 team Wisky beats tOSU in the B10 game on Dec 3. Bye Bye Ohioians!

4) TCU defeats Okie - the margin must be large or if the TCU D produces a national showcase by dominating the OU offensive juggernaut. I believe that a 17-3 final would yield us a better argument than let's say a larger 51-28 W.

5) Pac12 - 0 teams. Any of several calamities would work for us. Wash beat WashSt, Stanford beats the Irish, Stanford takes SouCal in the P12 game.

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

Also, this thread title drives me crazy, .Outside of Jackson St and Kansas who have We "blown out" this year..Nobody and if we beat OU I can assure you it won't be a blow out..

PhillyFrog

Style points aside, any kind of win against a top-4 team would get the Frogs into the conversation.

And I really don't care so much about that at all.

What I do care about is knocking those sleazeballs in the mouth, and then doing it over and over and over for 60 minutes.

scheiss OU.

Mean Purple

Also, this thread title drives me crazy, .Outside of Jackson St and Kansas who have We "blown out" this year..Nobody and if we beat OU I can assure you it won't be a blow out..
There are not a lot of blowouts in this conference. But we do need to beat bu by a good amount or it will be used against us. bu has losses, but they have started being competitive in games. we all know they will be up for this game, but the decision makers will still use any close score against us. which is odd, since they don't want to compare our manhandling of Texas to usc's barely surviving them in overtime.

Mean Purple

Style points aside, any kind of win against a top-4 team would get the Frogs into the conversation.

And I really don't care so much about that at all.

What I do care about is knocking those sleazeballs in the mouth, and then doing it over and over and over for 60 minutes.

[ darn ] OU.
I was actually almost somewhat getting near just outside of being distantly close to respecting ou. then the classless crap they pulled in the game and the qb's actions ruined that.

seriously, a heisman lock, and he goes and does that. He owned up to it at least, but he needs to see that before he does something.

FrogLifeYo

There are not a lot of blowouts in this conference. But we do need to beat bu by a good amount or it will be used against us. bu has losses, but they have started being competitive in games. we all know they will be up for this game, but the decision makers will still use any close score against us. which is odd, since they don't want to compare our manhandling of Texas to usc's barely surviving them in overtime.
A large convincing win over BU is needed but in the last 3 weeks, they have their lone win and been in every game down to the 4th Q.. Lot of red flags in this one that would indicate we could be in for a bit of battle for a portion of this game.

Mean Purple

Not sure what you mean. Someone just posted a link to what the BCS standings would be right now. We were #13.
What I mean is, USC and Notre Dame would not be that high. And Clemson surely would not be that high. Nor would Ohio State. Wisconsin would be in the top 4. A lot of this pans out in the last week, but it messes with the rest of the top 10.

Mean Purple

Not sure what you mean. Someone just posted a link to what the BCS standings would be right now. We were #13.
What I mean is, USC and Notre Dame would not be that high. And Clemson surely would not be that high. Nor would Ohio State. Wisconsin would be in the top 4. A lot of this pans out in the last week, but it messes with the rest of the top 10.
He owned it about as much as my 2 kids do when they get in a fight and my wife forces them to apologize to each other or suffer punishment
Good point.

Wexahu

Yes they would. The current BCS standings would have Notre Dame #8, Ohio State #9, Penn State #10, UCF #11, USC #12, and TCU #13.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

CountryFrog

No different than people’s need to criticize everything the committee does every week. Literally the same person who is worried about us beating a 1-11 injury decimated Baylor team starting a true freshman QB at home is complaining that the committee is a joke because we aren’t ranked in the Top 10. Tell me how that makes any sense at all.
I don't know what MP is doing with the injury stuff. It's weird. So I'm not going to speak to that.

Just in general. Forget the playoff committee, and 2014, and the current rankings and all that. Imagine any group of 13 people meeting a few times per year to rank the top 25 of anything. What's more likely? That they get it exactly right every time? Or that they make some mistakes along the way due to their own bias, personal agenda, ignorance, etc.?

I'm not coming on here and killing the committee every week over everything they do. Some people do, I'm sure. But to act like they are doing a fabulous job and WE'RE the ones with the problem because we disagree with a few things is just asinine.

My main point, though, is that if you don't think TCU is a top 10 team, then that's fine. I would like to hear what it is about USC, Ohio St, and Penn St though that convinces you they are definitely better and anyone questioning those rankings is totally wrong.

Snoop1122

We just need to win these last two and see where the chips may fall. Let's just knock Mayfield to the ground a few times and see what he is made of. All I care about anymore is just finishing off the year strong for the seniors.

CountryFrog

Not to mention they saw our game last week. Though our D did a great job, Tech still had more 1st downs and offensive yards than the Frogs. Thanks to Gladney, it could have easily been 17-14 with 4 1/2 minutes left.... instead of 24-7. This did not get by the committee, with or without a Fr 1st time starting QB.
It was 20-3 at the time Gladney got the pick. How would that have possibly become a 17-14 game?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

While we have not utterly crushed anyone beyond the two aforementioned teams, we have throttled a few to where the outcome of the game was not in doubt beyond the mid-3rd quarter. Strong defense choking the life out of the other team may not be glamorous, but it is effective...