• The KillerFrogs

Frogs need to blow out OU

Wexahu

Please make a case for USC, Penn St, Ohio St and ND to be ahead of TCU. And no Wex- this isn’t directed at you.

BTW I’m not worked up, but they are some respected college football analysts that are acknowledging that TCU is getting disrespected. I just think that we are a top 10 team right now.

Regardless of what other teams are doing, I’m not sure how anyone could watch this team over the last month and think we’re a Top 10 team. That’s all.

Hopefully we can throttle BU and beat OU handily.

Mean Purple

As it is now obvious that the whole committee thing was nothing more than a sham for "bluebloods", I think more value should be on getting to and winning a conference championship. I remember when they came up with this sham. Some folks rightly pointed out it was a sham. The fact that a committee is talking about things other than wins and losses and the wins and losses of teams that the supposed best 6 won or loss to, says all ya need to know.

And that moron who took over for Long. He basically phoned it in in tonight. Like he got half way into his comments and realized they just don't fly. Time for real playoffs.

Heck, the bcs system could have picked the top 10 more accurately.

Wexahu

As it is now obvious that the whole committee thing was nothing more than a sham for "bluebloods", I think more value should be on getting to and winning a conference championship. I remember when they came up with this sham. Some folks rightly pointed out it was a sham. The fact that a committee is talking about things other than wins and losses and the wins and losses of teams that the supposed best 6 won or loss to, says all ya need to know.

And that moron who took over for Long. He basically phoned it in in tonight. Like he got half way into his comments and realized they just don't fly. Time for real playoffs.

Of course you think a ton of value should now be placed on getting to a CCG and winning it. Hmmmm, I wonder why? Let me guess, you probably didn’t think so a few years ago.

Wexahu

I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t be ranked any higher than #12 in the old BCS system. I know we wouldn’t be in the Top 10.

CountryFrog

Regardless of what other teams are doing, I’m not sure how anyone could watch this team over the last month and think we’re a Top 10 team. That’s all.

Hopefully we can throttle BU and beat OU handily.
Have you watched Penn St or USC the last month? What in the hell have you seen that makes them a top 10 team? And those are the two teams who DON'T have a 35 point loss to Iowa.

Your need to defend everything the committee does every single week is amazing.

netty2424

Have you watched Penn St or USC the last month? What in the hell have you seen that makes them a top 10 team? And those are the two teams who DON'T have a 35 point loss to Iowa.

You'll never convince him the CFPSC isnt full of ship. It's pointless to even argue with him about it.

Wexahu

No different than people’s need to criticize everything the committee does every week. Literally the same person who is worried about us beating a 1-11 injury decimated Baylor team starting a true freshman QB at home is complaining that the committee is a joke because we aren’t ranked in the Top 10. Tell me how that makes any sense at all.

Zubaz

No different than people’s need to criticize everything the committee does every week. Literally the same person who is worried about us beating a 1-11 injury decimated Baylor team starting a true freshman QB at home is complaining that the committee is a joke because we aren’t ranked in the Top 10. Tell me how that makes any sense at all.
Losses when you play your backup QB don't count.

Of course you think a ton of value should now be placed on getting to a CCG and winning it. Hmmmm, I wonder why? Let me guess, you probably didn’t think so a few years ago.
I will admit right now I didn’t think it was a good idea and had we beaten OU I absolutely would hate the CCG. I’m sure OU wants no part of a rematch. I still think the thing sucks but for this year, yeah I’m glad it exists.

TCUownstheBig12

I'm okay with USC being ahead of us right now, especially only a spot or two...both have 2 losses and we both have comparable "top wins" (Stanford, Arizona vs. Oklahoma State, West Virginia) and maybe even "better losses" (close road loss @ Wazzu and blowout road loss to Top 10 ND vs. close road loss @ ISU and blowout road loss to Top 5 OU)...but, if we win out, we will jump them because, though our resumes are similar now, a neutral site win over OU and the Heisman trophy winner will trump anything (including a nice revenge win over WSU). If it's between us and a Pac-12 champ, I'm confident in our chances regardless of USC's blue blood status.

Joe1000

I know it’s hard...but some of you have to give it up. When you lose 2 reg season games, you don’t have a legit gripe that you are the national champs...or have a “right” to be given a playoff shot to be.

I’ll be totally happy just beating them, winning a big 12 title, and ending Baker’s career. (Yes it’s true, screw that awful human.)

Bizarro Frog

I still maintain if we win out and Bama beats Auburn we will be in as as a 4 seed. They are not going to put a 1 loss Miami or 2 loss Clemson in over us. One of them will be in and the other out. Big Ten is going to get one in unless Ohio St loses at Mich and then beats Wisconsin.

Worst scenario is a Bama loss at Auburn then SEC most likely gets 2 in unless Wisky and OK win out.

All we can do is beat the Bears then beat the Sooners. I think the system can work for us. We got screwed in 2014 because they did not want to make a hard call on us and Baylor. They will always take the easiest way out and that is 4 of the Power 5 champs so as to not upset the apple cart.

MTfrog5

It needs to go to 6 or 8 teams. I can honestly see them leaving us out if we win a close game against OU since they beat us by more the first time which the justifies Ohio State getting in when they beat Wisconsin

asleep003

Not to mention they saw our game last week. Though our D did a great job, Tech still had more 1st downs and offensive yards than the Frogs. Thanks to Gladney, it could have easily been 17-14 with 4 1/2 minutes left.... instead of 24-7. This did not get by the committee, with or without a Fr 1st time starting QB.

MAcFroggy

Just a couple random thoughts:

1. Penn State ranking makes no sense at all. Don’t think they have even beaten a ranked team...

2. Wazzu has a big gripe. They currently have 3 ranked wins. Really want wazzu to lose to Washington. If they beat Washington and then beat usc again they will for sure jump ahead of tcu. That would be 5 ranked wins.

3. Aside for winning the big 12, The best chance for Tcu to make a NY6 game probably involves Notre Dame losing to Stanford.

4. Like others have said, i feel like the committee justifies their higher ranked teams by placing teams they have beaten in lower ranked spots.