• The KillerFrogs

Frogs need to blow out OU

ifrog

By the looks of it if we had just one loss it really wouldn’t have mattered. We are the least respected team out of all the teams and they would have found a way to put in a 2 loss team ahead of us.

I’m completely fine with winning the B12 and watching Mayfield cry some real tears this time.

TX_Krötenechse

Gotta keep the tiny private school at a ranking low enough that even an upset of OU wouldn't justify a jump to 4+.
Maybe ... just maybe ... it has to do with the fact that we have two losses, and a bunch of teams have 1 loss or are undefeated?

I don’t know why y’all get worked up about this. IF we beat OU and IF there are fewer than four undefeated or 1-loss P5 champs, then we can talk about how we deserve a spot. But right now, there are a number of teams better than us.

ifrog

Maybe ... just maybe ... it has to do with the fact that we have two losses, and a bunch of teams have 1 loss or are undefeated?

I don’t know why y’all get worked up about this. IF we beat OU and IF there are fewer than four undefeated or 1-loss P5 champs, then we can talk about how we deserve a spot. But right now, there are a number of teams better than us.

Please make a case for USC, Penn St, Ohio St and ND to be ahead of TCU. And no Wex- this isn’t directed at you.

BTW I’m not worked up, but they are some respected college football analysts that are acknowledging that TCU is getting disrespected. I just think that we are a top 10 team right now.

Mean Purple

Please make a case for USC, Penn St, Ohio St and ND to be ahead of TCU. And no Wex- this isn’t directed at you.

BTW I’m not worked up, but they are some respected college football analysts that are acknowledging that TCU is getting disrespected. I just think that we are a top 10 team right now.
Exactly. If they are going to claim Mich State as big wins, then West Virginia and KState are big wins for us. We play OU as good as ohio state, and we played them at Norman. We beat okie state in Stillwater. We handled ut solidly, while USC had to go to overtime with them. USC had trouble putting UCLA away.

ATC Frog

All the talking heads on ESPN said there are 8 teams with a legit shot at the top 4 spots: the top 7 in tonight’s poll + tOSU. They even acknowledged that buckeye needs some help in addition to them winning out. How is hell is that any different that what the frogs need?

I’m with you though, ifrog. It may sounds like I’m worked up, but I’m not, just thought I’d share what I heard and the stupidity of it all.

Mean Purple

Again: You want to go to the CFP? Beat Iowa State. If this team had done so, it would be looking at beating BU and then a rematch with OU for the Conference title. A one loss, Big 12 Conference Champ coming off a win vs a good and very highly ranked OU would be in.
If Clemson wants to go to the CFP, beat SCUSE. If ohio state wants to be #9, beat Iowa who lost to Purdue. The rankings are bogus.

tcumaniac

Again: You want to go to the CFP? Beat Iowa State. If this team had done so, it would be looking at beating BU and then a rematch with OU for the Conference title. A one loss, Big 12 Conference Champ coming off a win vs a good and very highly ranked OU would be in.

Sucks. Because we definitely should have beaten ISU. They weren't that good. We were that bad.

ftwfrog

It’s quite important who is # 8,9,10. We know the CFP committee stays pretty consistent and doesn’t usually drop a team 3 spots after winning by 52 points.(ok that last sentence is Bs)

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4. OU
5. Wisconsin
6. Auburn
7. Georgia
8. Notre Dame
9. Ohio State
10. Penn State
11. USC
12. TCU
Just got to love how they’re setting it up for a BiG team to make it to the CFP no matter the outcome of the CCG. Wisconsin win? And they’re rightfully in, Ohio State wins and they’ll make it into the top 4.

2,3 play each other so one will drop out of the Top 4

1,6 play each other then 1,7 play each other. So you’d think 6 & 7 get eliminated.

5 will play 9.

4 plays 12.

One will be eliminated.

Easy way out for the committee: Clemson/Miami loser is out, Wisconsin, Bama, OU wins out.

As for me, I’m rooting for absolute chaos.
I want a ND loss this weekend, and Michigan to beat OSU. I want WSU to win the pac12.

Tcu beats OU, does the committee put OSU above OU? Head to head!!

We know TCU won’t jump a one loss Miami or Bama or UGA or Wisconsin, so no, we’re not getting in. So be it.

Bama loses to UGA. Do they put both in?

Does a 2 loss team make it? If it’s Notre Dame, they can’t hop Miami.

Lots of top 12 teams to clash in the next few weeks. Someone that is right now between 7-9 is making the CFP this year is my guess. My guess, Ohio state wins out and they are despicably in. Despite the Big 10 not scoring a point in the last two college football playoffs and being the most overrated conference of the last decade.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
It’s quite important who is # 8,9,10. We know the CFP committee stays pretty consistent and doesn’t usually drop a team 3 spots after winning by 52 points.(ok that last sentence is Bs)

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4. OU
5. Wisconsin
6. Auburn
7. Georgia
8. Notre Dame
9. Ohio State
10. Penn State
11. USC
12. TCU
Just got to love how they’re setting it up for a BiG team to make it to the CFP no matter the outcome of the CCG. Wisconsin win? And they’re rightfully in, Ohio State wins and they’ll make it into the top 4.

2,3 play each other so one will drop out of the Top 4

1,6 play each other then 1,7 play each other. So you’d think 6 & 7 get eliminated.

5 will play 9.

4 plays 12.

One will be eliminated.

Easy way out for the committee: Clemson/Miami loser is out, Wisconsin, Bama, OU wins out.

As for me, I’m rooting for absolute chaos.
I want a ND loss this weekend, and Michigan to beat OSU. I want WSU to win the pac12.

Tcu beats OU, does the committee put OSU above OU? Head to head!!

We know TCU won’t jump a one loss Miami or Bama or UGA or Wisconsin, so no, we’re not getting in. So be it.

Bama loses to UGA. Do they put both in?

Does a 2 loss team make it? If it’s Notre Dame, they can’t hop Miami.

Lots of top 12 teams to clash in the next few weeks. Someone that is right now between 7-9 is making the CFP this year is my guess. My guess, Ohio state wins out and they are despicably in. Despite the Big 10 not scoring a point in the last two college football playoffs and being the most overrated conference of the last decade.

2154b5d796b2407bab35c19b0449e6b0.gif