• The KillerFrogs

Freeze has left team for personal reasons

Austintxfrog94

pastorfrog said:
I can confirm there's a chance he will be back and that the process has already started. Hurdles but not insurmountable.
I'd imagine if there are hurdles they are now in Fort Worth, If he's got a change of heart then my irrelevant opinion is "come on" but theres no looking back ever again.  

DistrictFrog

And now for some Mr. Freeze gifs:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

puckster59

Offense will have to step it up a little more. Not like we need the defense to hold people to two touchdowns or less. And younger guys or people at other positions will have to fill in on the front six. I remember a lot of folks were underwhelmed about the LB corps a couple of years ago, too. That didn't work out too badly. Time for the next star LB in the CGP Era to step forward.

Young and Horned

Austintxfrog94 said:
(If the rumors are true) that's not "getting it done". I thought kids from West Texas were tough. You made a commitment, do your 4 years and get your degree. (That's getting it done).

You know what they say. 

we_need_farmers.jpg

Dogfrog

BankerFrog said:
Yeah guys, he dint quit "over a girl" or "because he's a quitter" he got in trouble for breaking school rules. I'm not going to say what, feel free to speculate. But bashing on the kid and calling him a quitter isn't 100% right. Just wait and see (hopefully they don't) when the facts come out before you spew a bunch of [Craig James] from your mouths. 

We've had a next man up philosophy in the past, and I don't see that changing now.

On to SFA.
Here's an article from SI quoting GP saying Freeze (edit) is not dealing with a disciplinary issue.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/09/tcu-football-mike-freeze-leave-absence

NewFrogFan

frogfaninarlington said:
Offense will have to step it up a little more. Not like we need the defense to hold people to two touchdowns or less. And younger guys or people at other positions will have to fill in on the front six. I remember a lot of folks were underwhelmed about the LB corps a couple of years ago, too. That didn't work out too badly. Time for the next star LB in the CGP Era to step forward.
Do need them to stop the run, especially up the middle, if they don't, expect 20 play drives that take 11 minutes..........great neutralizer for spread.

Dogfrog

BankerFrog said:
Alright, believe what you want I will leave it at that
No need to be defensive. Didn't say what I believe. If there was a school related issue Freeze could have skipped town before facing the music. For now, though, I'll take GP's quote at face value.

berryfrog95

Shut Down Frogs said:
Now that we've ripped through 19 pages of shock and awe, can someone recap what we actually know to be true at this point? All I've seen is that he has left the team for personal reasons without a return date. Lots of speculation about girlfriends, small town mentalities and other stuff, but did I miss where the real issue got laid out?
Not sure why your pinpointing me dude....but if your coach doesn't even know the reason....that's a problem in and of itself....let me know when GP tells us that Mike called him and gave him a reason....other than Twitter picks from Freeze on a tractor I can do without....moving on